Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/25 18:32
hi there,

i will be flying to narita airport terminal 1 end of october. i will be arriving ard 3.00pm and will need to go to gotanda station.im looking at keisei-narita sky access route ( bound for nishi magome) and it shown as direct train straight to gotanda with zero transfer. is this correct? becoz when i look at the route, it has few names such as keisei main line access express, keisei-oshiage line access express and toei-asakusa line local.... im a bit confused.

thank you
by diana (guest)  

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/25 21:35
I looked at Hyperdia, and I was also a bit confused. You will be switching from the Keinsei Line to the Toei subway line, which are different companies.

There is a train that starts at Narita terminal and passes through Gotanda (the Narita Express), but it does not stop at Gotanda Station. If you get a NEX ticket, you can take the NEX to Shinagawa Station, and then use the NEX voucher to take the Yamanote loop line two stations over to Gotanda Station.

The other suggestion would be to take the Keisei liner to Nippori, which is also on the Yamanote loop, and then ride the Yamanote loop line to Gotanda.

Just a note about the Yamanote line, it is a loop, and it goes round and round the loop. Even though it is a loop, each train designation must have a start and a stop, and the Yamanote loop uses Osaki station for that. Osaki station is the station between Shinagawa and Gotanda station. The train will stop, open its doors, people will exit and enter the train, and will re-start the loop. You do not have to get off. It will show up as an additional leg of your journey, but you do not need to exit and re-enter the same train.

I also believe that you may also have this happen on the Toei line, but I am not sure of this. There were some station transfers that were only a minute apart, which means that you only have time to walk across the platform, which does happen. I know that the Yamanote line will not involve a additional train switch, so I would advise going that way.

So...
Yes, you are going to have to switch trains.
It is only one transfer.
If I were doing it, I would probably use the Keisei Liner to Nippori station, and then the JR Yamanote Line to Gotanda Station.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/25 22:03
If it is like option 1 on the following link, then it's the same train straight to Gotanda.

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=NARITA%20AIRPOR...
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/25 22:54
Well that's an 8:02am train. However there don't seem to be any direct trains at 3:30pm or so. Google Maps suggests taking the Skyliner and changing at Nippori.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/25 23:55
Actually taking the NeX to Ebisu and then backtracking on the Yamanote for two stops might be more comfortable if you have lots of baggage.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/26 03:44
After looking at Hyperdia again, it does seem to be a direct line at 8:12, as John B digs Japan has stated. Unfortunately, the flight arrives around 15:00, so it might not be possible to get this direct train. There is a Keisei Narita-to-Haneda direct train that leaves at 16:04, and it shows that you transfer at Sengakuji station to the Nishi-Magome line.

It is a one minute transfer at Sengakuji station

This could be a walk across the platform, or a train disconnect. I have been on trains where two trains travel connected to a station, and are then disconnected. Each part of the train then take a different route. The Sunrise Izumo and the Sunrise Seto night trains do this in Okayama.

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/26 06:54
There are also cheap buses (1000 yen) to Osaki Station, one station south of Gotanda.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/26 08:07
Thanks all for the reply.. i have two luggages,and 7 years old boy with me.. it will be ideal to hoop on to the most straight forward route with no transfer.. if its not possible..which route will be the most easiest one ? Uji, is there a cheap bus going to osaki station? I think i will prefer to take the bus and dump everything in the compartment... i can ask my friend to wait for me osaki station instead of gotanda
by Diana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/26 13:36
Using Rome2Rio site, I was able to find the JR bus to Tokyo, and then a local bus to Osaki station. I was not able to see a direct bus.

I am starting to like Rome2Rio, because it does cover bus line, where hyperdia only covers airport shuttles.

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/26 14:25
That bus "Narita shuttle (by Willer)" NEW Line service starts fr "31 Oct" in this month end.
http://travel.willer.co.jp/campaign/narita-osaki/
http://travel.willer.co.jp/press/detail.php?id=234
(EN page no anouncement)

1000Y/adult is only "web discount" paying at "Willer" or "JAPAN BUS LINES" 200Y off.
http://japanbuslines.com/en/
No child discount same 600Y as half of Adult 1200Y.
But reservation/—\–ñ starting yet. (fr late Oct maybe "soon" no exact date)
Osaki stn : ‘åè‰w

Web discount seats number is limited. (=Not all)
So if not already full you can purchase at NRT T1/1F "Keisei bus" ticket counter near N1 Exit of North wing or S1 Exit South wing.
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/map/index_t1.html

Contact form : (NOT reservation form)
http://willerexpress.com/st/3/en/pc/contact/
by TGE (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/26 19:17
Sorry, I thought it started October 1.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/27 04:50
Since you are arriving at 15:00, I believe that you should be able to get through customs, and pick up your luggage within an hour.

If you do take the 16:04 Keisei that goes from Narita Airport to Hadena airport, there should be amble places to store luggage. This is, after all, a train going between two airports. You would get off at Sengkuji Station, and your friend could meet you on the platform.

There are about 8-9 subways (or trains) each hour that will go from Sengukuji Station to Gotanda Station, so you could take your time and just get off, and not try to make next train that leaves a minute later.

I know this is not a direct route, but it is very close.

Good luck on your trip.

Re: narita airport to gotanda station 2016/10/28 22:31
Hi people, i managed to get to gotanda safe and sound..what i did was i dropped my 1 big luggage at yamato delivery company and i only carried one small bag with me...few clothes to.survive for just one nite.. so it was quite straightfoward journey as tokyo subway is more or less like london tube...
by Deez79 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread