Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel Nikko Nara or Nara Hotel? 2016/10/26 22:56
Which hotel has a better location for first time visitor and sightseeing?

Thanks!
by FahdKIS  

Re: Hotel Nikko Nara or Nara Hotel? 2016/10/27 11:02
For my money I would stay at Nara hotel. It is absolutely gorgeous in the old section and it is in lovely grounds. It is a shortish walk into town (maybe 10 minutes, 15 minutes to the station) but then you are walking with the park to one side and past the ponds, so it is no chore. It is our favorite place to stay in Japan, we have stayed a number of times.

Just be a little cautious of the cost of food in the hotel restaurants at dinner time (the french restauarant prices made my eyes bleed although the food itself is spectacular and the japanese style breakfast is perfect (they have a western style as well).

I tend to think that staying at Nara hotel is a destination in itself which I use to justify the relatively high cost. Back to your question, it is probably a few minutes further from the main tourist areas in Nara, but well worth it.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Nikko Nara or Nara Hotel? 2016/10/27 12:46
Thank you for that detailed wonderful reply. Unfortunately, rooms are only available in the new wing for my dates. Would you still recommend the Nara Hotel as highly as you did?

Thanks again!
by FahdKIS rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Nikko Nara or Nara Hotel? 2016/10/27 14:18
I've only eaten in the new wing (japanese restauarant) and stayed in the old, but you still have access to the old part for the piano room (Albert Einstein played their piano), tea room, breakfast room etc. Cocktails and champagne overlooking the garden as a brilliant way to spend some time (and yen).

I'd still recommend it highly, it is seriously like stepping back in time. And being in the new wing might have its advantages - the old oil heating system in the old wing is very noisy at night.

Make sure you get a breakfast included package, it is my favorite place for breakfast. We usually walk into town for dinner, there are some great places in the shopping street.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread