Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do golfers in Japan walk or ryde cart? 2016/10/31 19:28
I cant find an answer on the following question , it is related to a golf market study :

what is the % of golfers in Japan dat use a golfcart (a 4 wheel buggy) and what % of the golfers are walking 18 holes with a golfbagtrolley

For your info:

in the USA about 75 % is using a 4 wheel buggy and only 25% is walking 18 holes with a trolley
in Europe it is just alsmost the other way arround 95% of the people are walking with trolley and only 5% uses a buggy to do 18 holes

So what is rougly the ratio in Japan, as i have no clue whether Japanese people are more like European people or more like USA people as far as this habit is concerned

thanks for giving me your best guess
Guido Peters
by Guido Peters (guest)  

Re: Do golfers in Japan walk or ryde cart? 2016/11/4 01:51
The system is different in Japan in that courses are either cart only or walking only, with walking courses relatively rare (and in my experience, typically more historic/famous/expensive and requiring caddies). So probably something like 99% of golfers are using carts in Japan.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Do golfers in Japan walk or ryde cart? 2016/11/5 23:41
Also, lots of carts used are 4pax carts with all golfer's of 1 flight using the same cart. Increasingly golf course in Japan come with self-drive-remote control carts that remain on a fixed route along the buggy track.
Quite different from the usual 2 pax carts that are allowed onto the fairways in many other countries.
by juuchann rate this post as useful

Re: Do golfers in Japan walk or ryde cart? 2016/11/8 10:58
All my previous golfing experiences in Japan were cart buggy on track / on course. Did not see anyone walking the 18 holes.

What are self-drive-remote control carts? You mean you control the golf cart while you're walking alongside it?

by Dag (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do golfers in Japan walk or ryde cart? 2016/11/8 11:41
The self drive cards basically follow the cart path, you just tell it when to start/stop with a button on the cart or with a remote control that you can carry with you while walking the course.

Re: Do golfers in Japan walk or ryde cart? 2016/11/8 22:59
Yes, that'exactly it. The cart has a start-stop button(on the front and back row) and it drives itself on the designated path . The occupants only control when it starts moving and when it stops moving by either pressing the button whilst in the cart. If all 4 golfer are on the fairway, using the remote control enables the golfer to move the cart forward along the path as the golfers move down the fairway. Very convenient actually.
by juuchann rate this post as useful

Re: Do golfers in Japan walk or ryde cart? 2016/11/10 10:06
oh wow that sounds cool. where can i find courses that has this kind of self-drive carts? nearer big cities like Tokyo and Osaka?
i've only played around Kyushu and Chugoku and i don't think i've seen this self-cart option when I booked the tee times online.
by Dag (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do golfers in Japan walk or ryde cart? 2016/11/10 16:22
The nicer courses have them more than lower ranked courses, but it can be hard to tell which do and which don't as it's not always mentioned during the reservation process. Best place to look is on the course website, but even then it can be hit or miss.

reply to this thread