Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help with planning Mt Fuji Climb 2016/11/2 08:30
Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Japan (Kyoto/Tokyo) for me and 2 friends for next September.

Kyoto-Hakone or Fujinomiya (as near to the 5th station as possible)-Tokyo

We're planning to arrive near mt fuji on the 10th, book in to a hotel, travel to the 5th station, ascend on the night of the 10th, descend on the morning of the 11th, spend one night there and then on to tokyo.

I'm having a little trouble lining things up with the mt fuji climb that we're planning to do on the 10th September 2017. The plan is to go from the Fujinomiya 5th Station and ascend/descend in one go, reaching the summit for sunrise.

This is posing a few issues, it seems that the bus time tables say that the latest drop off is around 7pm, as we're planning on doing it in one go, we'd be planning on reaching the 5th station around 10pm and make it to the summit for 4am in time for the sunrise.

What other methods are there to reach the 5th station for around 10pm? Local bus? Cab from nearest train station?

Is the 5th station fujinomiya accessible by taxi/cab?
Ive read up a lot on it and it seems there are conflicting statements.. some say its not accessible by car in high season, some way after 30th August is ok, others just say not at all.

Thanks in advance for any replies and sorry if my questions are all over the place
by SwiftyRich  

Re: Help with planning Mt Fuji Climb 2016/11/2 11:31
Fujinomiya 5th station limits private cars to pass into it during the beginning of July to the beginning of the September.
However public transportations are allowed such as bus or taxi.
The last bus drop off is at 7:25.
If you would like to go 5th station around 10pm,the simplest way is that you take a taxi at the nearest train station from 5th station.
If you go to Tokyo the next day,JR Shinfuji station is the nearest station.
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi rate this post as useful

Re: Help with planning Mt Fuji Climb 2016/11/2 18:31
Thanks for the reply!

That's good news, thanks for clearing that up for me.

No doubt I'll be back when another question arises about my trip.

Cheers
by SwiftyRich rate this post as useful

Re: Help with planning Mt Fuji Climb 2016/11/16 20:10
Can I use the Fujinomiya route for climb up and Yoshido-guchi&kawaguchiko route for climb down?
by SoulMePa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help with planning Mt Fuji Climb 2016/11/16 22:18
@SoulMePa

I cant see why not, all you'd have to do is trek round the summit i presume, a whole lap is supposed to take about 90 mins.

In addition to this comment, ive explored other avenues and now maybe going to use the Subashiri Trail as its a lot easier to reach from where we'll probably be staying in hakone.
by SwiftyRich (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help with planning Mt Fuji Climb 2016/11/18 15:44
Thank you for your reply
^_^
by SoulMePa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help with planning Mt Fuji Climb 2016/11/24 18:39
@SoulMePa

You can certainly do that, but be aware that those trails (Fujinomiya and Yoshida) end up on different sides of the mountain, so you'll either need to plan your public transport connections carefully or have a car placed in advance to pick you up from your destination.

If you want to hike up the Fujinomiya trail and down the Subashiri trail, then you can traverse back to the Fujinomiya 5th station easily.

Have a great trip!

Tony
by TonyGrant rate this post as useful

reply to this thread