Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best way to see multiple areas on Arashiyama? 2016/11/3 02:54
Hello,

We will be traveling from Kyoto station to Arashiyama. We want to see( Tenryuji Temple, Bamboo Groves, Okochi Sanso Villa, Togetsukyo Bridge) Whats the fastest and easiest order to see each one? Also we will be going around early December, which location can we get the best views? THANKS!!
by Angela (guest)  

Re: Best way to see multiple areas on Arashiyama? 2016/11/3 11:21
Best view of what?

All the locations you have mentions are all very close to each other.

Okochi Sanso Villa is just at the back of the Bamboo grove. The Bamboo Brove is just behind the temple. And the temple is just down the street, maybe 150m at best from the bridge.

The bridge and the gardens are about 400m apart. Walk down to the bridge, then temple, then grove, then garden.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to see multiple areas on Arashiyama? 2016/11/4 01:10
Hello,

Best views of autumn foliage!
by angela (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to see multiple areas on Arashiyama? 2016/11/4 02:21
Also is the sagano scenic railway nearest the bridge or the garden? We will be arriving from Kyoto station. Thanks!!
by angela (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to see multiple areas on Arashiyama? 2016/11/4 06:58
As hakata14 correctly described, just walk. Most of the major attractions in Arashiyama are within easy reach of each other and it's a fairly simple matter to string them together into one long stroll.

I followed a very similar course to what hakata14 described, back in the autumn of 2014 - this might give you an idea of what to expect:

https://withinstrikingdistance.wordpress.com/2015/04/15/field-report-k...

https://withinstrikingdistance.wordpress.com/2015/04/19/field-report-k...

No bridge on this occasion, but I'd been there before and I was travelling with family (I covered a lot more ground on previous solo excursions to the district).

As for autumn leaves, you'll want to add Jōjakkō-ji to your list - there are pictures in the second link I've posted above. It's my personal favourite in the area, not least because of the fantastic canopy of leaves above the main entrance.

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to see multiple areas on Arashiyama? 2016/11/5 07:58
the railway is closer to the garden. suggest looking at a map. all attractions are quite easy to find. you don't have to wait for answer then.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread