Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need suggestion for the transportation 2016/11/3 22:43
Dear,
I plan to visit Japan with my fam (3 child + 4 adult) on 1Jul17.
Pls advise the cheapest value.
Day 1 : At 22.00 PM arrive at Haneda
Day 2-4 : Tokyo city
Day 5 : Tokyo to Hakone
Day 6 : Hakone-Matsumoto-Alpine-Tateyama-Kanazawa
Day 7 : Kanazawa-Shirakawago-Takayama-Gifu
Day 8 : Gifu-Kyoto
Day 9 : Kyoto-Osaka (Universal Studio)
by Suwarty (guest)  

Re: Need suggestion for the transportation 2016/11/5 07:56
trains and buses.

this website has the best options available for those areas you mentioned.

p.s. trip is too rushed. some of those days would be 12-14 hours days if you plan to do each area correctly.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Need suggestion for the transportation 2016/12/1 17:17
Thank you.
How if i change to be :
Day 5 : Tokyo to Hakone, Kawaguchiko
Day 6 : Kawaguchiko to Nagano
Day 7 : Nagano to Tateyama Alpine Route to Kanazawa
Day 8 : Kanazawa, Shirakawago, Takayama by bus.
Takayama to Osaka by train (??)
Day 9 : Osaka to Kyoto to Hiroshima to Osaka by train (??)
Day 10 : Universal Studio
Please suggest the cheapest transportation for my day 8 & 9 trip, mark (??)
by Suwarty (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need suggestion for the transportation 2016/12/1 23:39
I agree with hakata14, you are taking everything in rush and that the answers you want are explained already here in Japan Guide.

If you really are looking forward to Alpine Route, you better be at Ogizawa station so you'll end up at Toyama after 7-9 hours.

If you really plan on taking train ride from Takayama to Osaka, you better catch up the 15:35 Wide View Hida that will get you to your destination almost 4.5 hours later. Else, catch Wide View Hida or local Takayama line going in either Nagoya or Toyama or bus from Takayama. Check Japan Guide as well regarding getting around Takayama.

Your travels to Kawaguchiko are best reached from Tokyo so you might want to go back there. Else, bus or train rides all the way to Nagano or Matsumoto.

Check Nohi Bus, Fujikyuko Bus, Alpico Bus, JR East, JR Tateyama, Hyperdia, Highway-Buses and Japan Guide websites for further information and timing. You will best find the best pass that will suit your travel have you computed them from checking the said websites.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

reply to this thread