Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice on accommodation 2016/11/9 07:43
Looking at going to Japan for a month or so around April next year. I have a fair amount saved up, but I'm just clueless as to how much living expenses is going to come to.
by Joe94UK  

Re: Advice on accommodation 2016/11/9 11:16
April is going to be expensive since it's the busy travel season. That being said, you should book room and board as soon as you can. As for costs, it all depends on how you like to travel. If you're a backpacker/hostel traveler, I think budgeting 5000 yen a day is more than enough just for room. Hotels will probably be at least 10000 yen a night. AirBnb your mileage may vary.

I had a friend who rented an apartment for a whole month in Tokyo and when he would travel out to places that would require an overnight stay, he'd stay at a capsule hotel which is fairly cheap as well.
by calrawrle rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on accommodation 2016/11/13 23:17
Renting may be an idea but is it common for a let to be given for just a month there? I know it's different countries but I had a friend renting in China and the team was a lot of issues
by Joe94UK rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on accommodation 2016/11/14 09:47
I found accommodation in multiple places in Japan last cherry blossom season (first two weeks of April) for between 5000-10000 yen a night, depending on where I was (e.g. Kyoto was more expensive) and the type of accommodation I chose (e.g. stayed in a ryokan one night).

If you want to travel during cherry blossom season, you need to book NOW. Prices will only get more expensive. I had everything booked for my April trip by this time last year (earlier, actually!).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on accommodation 2016/11/27 22:37
Thanks mate :)
by Joe94UK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread