Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage transfer in Hokkaido 2016/11/9 09:27
Hi
We (2 persons) are traveling to Hokkaido arriving at new chitose airport on 27 November 2016. We will be staying at Mercure Sapporo Hotel for the first 3 days and then Hilton Niseko for 5 days.

My question:
1. how do I arrange for part of my luggage to be sent to Hilton Niseko from new Chitose airport so I don't need to lug all luggage to Sapporo and thereafter to Niseko.
2. What are the options to to travel from Sapporo to Niseko.
Thanks !

by Christine (guest)  

Re: Luggage transfer in Hokkaido 2016/11/10 12:02
There will be one or two courier services (think UPS or DHL - Kuroneko Yamato is the biggest one in Japan) with a counter at the airport through which you can have your luggage delivered to the hotel. If you're not going to be arriving yourself at the hotel for 3-4 days though, you should either contact the hotel or arrange for delivery on the date of your arrival (assuming they can do this - I think they can, but it's been awhile.)

As for travel options to Niseko, they'd be train, bus, or car rental. Google Maps' directions is useful for seeing all of the public transit options.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage transfer in Hokkaido 2016/11/11 00:16
Thanks for the info!

Would you be able to share where I could get an indication on the courier charges for the luggage to be sent to Hilton Niseko.

by christine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread