Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass eligibility with Multiple-entry visa 2016/11/12 21:22
I have a multiple-entry temporary visa and have purchased a JR pass when I went in 2015 but I am coming this Dec and would like to avail of the pass again. Can I still do so?

In this site it says that multiple-entry cannot get it.. Is this accurate? http://www.jrpass.com/japan-rail-pass-eligibility
by dan (guest)  

Re: JR Pass eligibility with Multiple-entry visa 2016/11/13 09:15
if you get a "temp visitor" stamp on your passport when you enter. you can use a JR Pass. if you get any other stamp, you cannot use a JRP.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass eligibility with Multiple-entry visa 2016/11/15 06:59
Is the landing permit that indicate "temporary visitor " same as the Temporary visitor stamp you mentioned?
by steff (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass eligibility with Multiple-entry visa 2016/11/15 13:54
Yes my visa is labeled as "temporary visitor" then under the no. of entries "multiple"

But at the linked site it said multiple-entry is not eligible. Can't find other resources. Isn't their a legit JR pass website, one the JR company actually runs?
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass eligibility with Multiple-entry visa 2016/11/15 14:04
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass eligibility with Multiple-entry visa 2016/12/12 12:02
I have a multiple tourist visa for 5 years and i haven't got any issue to exchange or use the rail pass.

The website jrpass.com is not making it clear.
They put passenger who has multiple tourist entry visa is not eligible to purchase and exchange the rail pass.

Unless the stamp is different to temporary visa (different to the actual visa). Stamp upon arrival (confused).
by Noel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass eligibility with Multiple-entry visa 2016/12/13 08:40
Interesting. jrpass.com appears to have incorrect (or at least misleading) information on their website.

If you qualify for "temporary visitor" then you can exchange the voucher.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread