Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Trip 2016/11/14 18:09
I am planning to go to Hakone in December. I understand that Hakone freepass is to be purchased at Shinjuku Station but can I purchase it the day before but use on the next day?

And if I purchase Hakone Freepass and reserve Odakyu Romancecar online, is it worth it? How should I do it?
by Jasmine (guest)  

Re: Hakone Trip 2016/11/15 10:41
I think you can reserve Odakyu Romancecar online. I ask the tour agency in my country if I buy Hakone free pass from them I can reserve Odakyu Romancecar online. or not ? They said yes I can. I plan to buy from my country on 26 th November and I will reserve Odakyu Romancecar online on this friday. You have to make sure about schudle of Odakyu Romancecar departure time , Ex: I will reserve Romance car around 9:50 to 10:00 because I have to exchange my Hakone free pass[ that I buy from my agency to be a original issue] at Odakyu service center before.
by nan panda rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Trip 2016/11/15 11:07
Thanks for the reply!

Then this means, I need to reserve seat for romancecar going towards Hakone and back from Hakone separately?
by Jasmine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Trip 2016/11/15 12:05
yes you need to reserve a seat on the romance car and pay the extra fee.

i'm pretty sure you can purchase a pass and select the active date up to one month in advance.

but yes you can do it the day before.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Trip 2016/11/15 12:09
So the payment for the reservation is done online even though I don't have the freepass yet?
by Jasmine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Trip 2016/11/15 16:00
Yes i would like to know the same thing it's confusing
And we don't want to use The Romance Car on return so what train do we catch back please
by yarney rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Trip 2016/11/16 01:06
Should I reserve for the romancecar online first before going to Tokyo? However, I am worried about the weather...
by Sheryl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Trip 2016/11/16 10:20
I'm not sure were the online talk came from. But I personally would just reserve (and pay) for a seat the day I purchase the pass.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Trip 2016/11/16 10:31
Jasmine,

I understand that you want to buy the Hakone Free Pass on the day at Shinjuku station. Yes, you can buy it the day before (you specify the date when you want to use it).

Also, in addition, you can reserve Odakyu Romance Car "in person" at Shinjuku Station.

If you want to buy the Romance Car ticket online beforehand, you can go:
http://www.odakyu.jp/english/romancecar/e_romancecar/howto.html

It clearly tells you that you can first book the Romance Car part (online), then pay the base fare (either a regular ticket or Hakone Free Pass) on the day of boarding.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread