Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting to Noboribetsu Onsen 2016/11/19 20:28
I will taking a domestic on 14 Dec from tokyo narita to Hokkaido. My flight will reach chitose airport at 1410 hrs.

My hotel is at noboribetsu onsen area. The hotel only has one shuttle bus depart at 1430 from airport. I have researched train schedule to Noborietsu station is 1515 or 1611 hrs. My dinner at the hotel start at 1930 hrs so I have to check in before this time.

1) How long does it take to clear baggage at the airport, can I make on time for the 1430 hrs shuttle bus or the 1515 train?
2) If by worse I took the 1611 hrs train and reach noboribetsu station at 1654 hrs, is there taxi outside the station that I can took to the hotel at that time?
3) If I took a taxi directly from the airport to the hotel, how expensive will it be?

Thanks.
by lisalimlovetotravel  

Re: Getting to Noboribetsu Onsen 2016/11/20 09:46
1) How long does it take to clear baggage at the airport, can I make on time for the 1430 hrs shuttle bus or the 1515 train?

If you have checked baggage, it's the luck of the draw as when your baggage shows up but it won't be in just 20 minutes. If you have no checked baggage, and your plane arrives early or on time, 20 minutes still probably won't be enough time but it would be close. Sometimes it takes 20 minutes just getting to the gate and opening the door to the plane.

2) If by worse I took the 1611 hrs train and reach noboribetsu station at 1654 hrs, is there taxi outside the station that I can took to the hotel at that time?

There are taxis outside the station if you want to take one. The buses are timed to meet the train, so there should be a bus outside the station waiting when you arrive also. Just follow the other people. There are 2 buses per hour and it takes 15 minutes to get from the station to the onsen.

3) If I took a taxi directly from the airport to the hotel, how expensive will it be?

My guess is around Y30,000 taking the highway along the coast. It's about 80 km.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Noboribetsu Onsen 2016/11/20 10:05
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Get to Noboribetsu Onsen from airport w/ luggage 2016/12/8 07:27
We will be traveling to Hokkaido in April in group of 6. Our age range from 4 years old to 75 years old. We want to take the kids to see the penguin parade at the Noboribetsu Marine and try onsen but I am not sure which way is the easiest way to do it. We will be arriving to New Chitose Airport on April 15th, 2017 We are going to have luggages and strollers. Here are some of our questions:

1. Is there limosine bus from the airport directly to the hotels/Onsens (or close enough to the hotels) that can accommodate our luggages? If not, what are other options? How does other people travel with luggage?

2. How to travel to the Noboribetsu Marine from the Onsens? If we travel in taxi, we will need 2?

3. The Noboribetsu Marine web site indicate that they close on the 3rd week Monday to Friday. Does that mean they will be close on April 16th ~ April 20th?

4. I saw from hokkaidox.com that there is a Hokkaido Intercity bus pass for sale but expired in March 2017. Will these type of pass be avaliable in April?

5. We are planning to stay in Sapporo most of the nights and travel to Otaru and Noboribetsu for 1 ~ 2 nights. Which transportation will be the most economical one?
by Wing Lau (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Noboribetsu Onsen 2016/12/8 08:24

planning to stay in Sapporo most of the nights and travel to Otaru and Noboribetsu for 1 ~ 2 nights.

If you are planning to stay the night in Noboribetsu, check the hotel you are staying with, do not be surprised if they provide pick up bus ( used to be free, but now possibly for a small fee) either from Sapporo or the the Chitose Airport.
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread