Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will leaves in Miyajima be gone by Dec 5/6? 2016/11/26 15:15
I'm currently looking at going on a Hiroshima/Miyajima day trip from Osaka on the 5th or 6th of December, and Nara the other day. Will Miyajima still have any of the autumn colours or is it likely the trees will be barren I.e. not worth visiting?
by Yanni (guest)  

Re: Will leaves in Miyajima be gone by Dec 5/6? 2016/11/26 17:16
Miyajima's colours peak in mid-November.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014_when.html
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will leaves in Miyajima be gone by Dec 5/6? 2016/11/27 04:13
This is the Miyajima fall color report for about this time last year.

http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/koyo15/151125_miyajima.html

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Will leaves in Miyajima be gone by Dec 5/6? 2016/11/27 08:41
Likely to be finished by then. It was ok when I was there on the 12th, and I'm back there again today so will be able to check the changes from 14 days ago.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Will leaves in Miyajima be gone by Dec 5/6? 2016/11/27 17:52
I believe the peak is pretty much over already now. It should be completely over by early December. This year has been a relatively early year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Will leaves in Miyajima be gone by Dec 5/6? 2016/11/27 18:04
So is it still worth going at all if it's going to be completely over? If Miyajima is described as one of the three most scene places, will this still hold true in December? Otherwise any other suggestions for things to do? E.g Maybe just spend the whole day at Hiroshima
by Yanni (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will leaves in Miyajima be gone by Dec 5/6? 2016/11/27 18:11
Miyajima is worth going at any time of the year. But it will not be worth going there to see autumn leaves in early December.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Will leaves in Miyajima be gone by Dec 5/6? 2016/11/28 17:15
Now (Sunday) half the leaves were on the ground and half on the trees. Much more advanced than my visit on the 13th. I would expect very little to remain by December. The spot we did our leaf viewing was still nice, but a little obscure - i.e. we didn't have to contend with anyone else - just a few deer.

Passing a koyo forecast yesterday confirmed that most places Hiroshima (as judged by the locals) were passing peak and in decline.

(In Osaka briefly and the ginkgo trees are still colourful, but the wind is doing its work.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread