Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

First trip to Japan to include F1 GP 2016/11/26 20:05
I am currently trying to plan my husbands and I first trip to japan from the UK which will involve the F1 GP. I have not booked flights (F1 dates not released) as yet so very flexible with everything itinerary etc. We are very happy to travel around on the train network ( looking forward to that) but tickets purchases look very confusing. We like to check out major toursist attractions but don't want to take up our full two weeks travelling around. Any suggestions from the experts would be greatly appreciated?
by Diane (guest)  

Re: First trip to Japan to include F1 GP 2016/11/27 07:45
Look around the "destinations" pages on this site, a nd find things that look interesting. Try to not pay too much attention to how "famous" a place is.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: First trip to Japan to include F1 GP 2016/11/27 08:28
If the race is at Suzuka, I passed by it several times last month during the race. The nearest major city is Nagoya to north, or a major tourist attraction is Ise Shrine to south. The train between Nagoya and Ise makes a special stop near the circuit during the race days. The train gets jam packed between Nagoya and Suzuka Circuit, so if you want to avoid packed trains, staying near Ise is an option.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: First trip to Japan to include F1 GP 2016/11/27 08:44
The train to the circuit is a little odd/tricky from Nagoya, but doable for a first time visitor. Unlike some other circuits (that I have been to), the transport isn't that great and leaving at the end of the race can be an exercise in patience.

(I combined a round of the SuperGT and the F1 for a tour a few years ago - the seats at the final chicane gave a good view.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread