Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

11 days Osaka, kinosaki, shiga, wakayama 2016/11/27 16:55
I am planning a family trip of 11 days base in Osaka, would like to visit kinosaki, shiga, shirahama, please advise is this possible all by train, especially in shirahama, i heard is better to drive so that can see more area that us not so convenient by train. I was thinking of getting the 5 days Kansai wide area pass. My accommodation will mostly be Airbnb . please help to suggest how should i plan the route. The date is dec 20 to 31,.Thanks
by sllim123  

Re: 11 days Osaka, kinosaki, shiga, wakayama 2016/11/28 13:29
It says here http://www.nanki-shirahama.net/transportation-to-shirahama/ that Shirahama station is connected via train plus Kansai Wide Area Pass https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai_wide/ has included Shirahama in its valid destinations.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: 11 days Osaka, kinosaki, shiga, wakayama 2016/11/28 23:28
Kinosaki takes no more than a night trip.
Shiga would be 2-3 days. Osaka about the same. Rest of the time in wakayama? Seems like you have time for an additional location. Perhaps kumano area or ise.

Try to have kinosaki either at the middle or end of the trip. It's always nice to relax after many days of travel and need a break before continuing your journey / with your life back home
by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 11 days Osaka, kinosaki, shiga, wakayama 2016/11/30 00:05
Great suggestion, JH, thanks
I was thinking is it to much to travel to the snow monkey park?
Cheers
by sllim123 rate this post as useful

Re: 11 days Osaka, kinosaki, shiga, wakayama 2016/11/30 00:08
I may cancel Kinosakii.

Re: 11 days Osaka, kinosaki, shiga, wakayama 2016/12/4 15:33
Hi there, can someone advise if i can take JR train from Kansai airport to Shirahama directly using the Kansai wide area pass? I will reach the airport at 5pm, by the time check out of custom maybe 6:30pm, is it too late to travel to shirahama for my 2 night stay there?or should i stay one night near aurport and travel to Shirahama on next morning?
Thank you
Siew

reply to this thread