Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2016/11/28 08:27
Hi,
I am a female senior student (12th) in the IB program in Holland and I really want to study in Tokyo for Uni and my top choice is Sophia FLA.
I am predicted an IB score of 37 (very inflated XD) and my highest TOEFL score is 103. I am Japanese, but have been living abroad for 12 years.
I'm kind of freaking out because all my Japanese friends have higher predicted scores than me. Do I have any chance of being accepted?
by pachikom  

Re: Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2016/11/28 15:19
Not sure how useful my information will be, but I'll just give my experience. I just got accepted to Sophia's FLA , starting April next year.

I'm half Japanese and half Malaysian ( Chinese ). Studied at Chinese schools, took a one year A-levels course this year to fulfil the 12-year education requirement. Got aab for AS in June ( a for Bio and Pure Maths, b for Chem. Also got a for General Paper ). I took the redesigned SAT in June and got 1510, plus IELTS at 8.0. Also got my N1 done in July.

Based on what I've seen so far from other people's score, I think you have a pretty good chance. Regardless, just apply for it. If you don't, you'll probably regret it, thinking whether you could've got in if you applied.
by fleckyx rate this post as useful

Re: Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2016/11/29 01:18
Hey!! I'm also applying to Sophia's FLA and I'm an IB student too! (Took IB in Japan). I got similar predicted grades as you, and I'm hoping my score and essay will be enough for me to get in :) Are you applying for the Apri admission, or the September admission?
by elisan rate this post as useful

Re: Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2016/11/29 07:24
Dear fleckyx,

Fall admission started this week and I'm polishing my essay...it's super stressful but your words really mean a lot to me. Thank you. I'll do my best.
by pachikom rate this post as useful

Re: Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2016/11/29 07:29
Dear elisan,

I'm applying for fall 2017admission and the online admission started this week. I'm finishing up my essay and yeah...it's scary isn't it??? XD because we don't know what they're expecting...???
Best luck to you too.

Re: Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2016/11/29 12:52
I'm applying for the spring admission which started this week too! I hope we both get in!
by elisan rate this post as useful

Re: Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2017/2/8 10:07
Dear Elisan.

I wonder if you'll ever look at this thread again, but my results came out today. I was accepted!

Now I will call them to make sure by how many points they allow me to fail XD
Best of luck to you.

Re: Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2017/3/6 07:48
Hi,
I've been accepted to Sophia University FLA for the Fall 2017 start too! :)
by Mio Suzuki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2017/4/24 15:05
Congrats to getting in! I'm applying for the second batch of Fall 2017. Hope I get in as well! My predicted grades aren't too good though :( I hope my essay make up for it.
by Thu Minh Nguyen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2017/5/30 01:23
Dear Thu Minh Nguyen,
Thank you so much! I'm sure you will do great! Good luck!!!
by Mio Suzuki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sophia University FLA: any chance? 2017/5/30 11:25
You lucky, during my course of IBM at the HES in Rotterdam I went to Kansai gaidai university. Sophia was just introduced and I already made my decision.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread