Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Odaiba to Asakusa 2016/12/1 18:19
Hi there! I usually find Asakusa to Odaiba via waterbus. I, however, am planing to visit Odaiba 1st (to bring the kids to Miraiken) and then proceed to Asakusa afterwards. We would want to take a waterbus line, as i read that this might be interesting. May i ask which waterbus is best to take from Odaiba to Asakusa? This part is slotted for our last day in japan :)
Our IT for that day is :
1. Odaiba for Miraiken, Gundam statue and Toyota showroom for the hubby
2. Asakusa via waterbus for the temple, skytree & nakamise dori
3. Ueno for the Tokyo National Museum
and hopefully still have enough time in the evening to visit Ginza for Muji and the winter illumination.
Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
by Jade (guest)  

Re: Odaiba to Asakusa 2016/12/1 20:14
In a day?
If so impossible too much spots.

Water bus is here.
http://www.suijobus.co.jp/en/
Now already winter/no hot no recommend.
by BBT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Odaiba to Asakusa 2016/12/1 20:27
u won't enjoy it if u squeeze too many destinations.
Ueno it self already time consuming with a lot of museums.
how about asakusa in the morning, and spend the rest of day in odaiba? rainbow bridge looks so pretty in the night. :D
by shintaWD rate this post as useful

Re: Odaiba to Asakusa 2016/12/2 10:04
Ohhh i see :( Will it still be too much even if we limit our visit only to the items i listed above? Example, for Ueno, we will only visit the Tokyo Museum, while in Odaiba, only the Miraiken, and Toyota showroom. I look forward to your advise please.
by Jade (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Odaiba to Asakusa 2016/12/2 14:38
Hi Jade,

I was recently in Tokyo, and would recommend you going to Odaiba from the afternoon about 15:00pm Tokyo Time, so that you have enough time also to relax and see the Illuminations, which is stunning at night, if you do Odaiba during the day u miss out on the lights.

But there are lots of nice shops to go and have a look, and especially food places if you are a but hungry during your time there.
by Frankie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Odaiba to Asakusa 2016/12/2 15:53
Thanks for replying @Frankie :) I am trying to catch the opening hours of the Miraikan though. The kids are into robots and science-y stuff so they are pretty excited to visit the museum.
by Jade (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Odaiba to Asakusa 2016/12/2 18:24
I agree that is too much for one day! Probably drop Ueno as the Miraikan museum has lots to see and will be enough.
by Ausfam (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread