Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taxi to Sannenzaka Ninenzaka 2016/12/2 14:29
Hi, I'll be travelling with elderly parents to visit the Sannenzaka Ninenzaka area. They have a slight knee problem (walking downhill would be easier), so am hoping to take a taxi to the top of the slope/stairs and walk down. Will be skipping Kiyomizudera since we have been there. As we do not speak Japanese, how do we tell the taxi driver to alight us at the top of the Sannenzaka slope/stairs? Also, not planning to take a bus as there will be 4 of us, so it seem to be more cost effective to take a cab. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
by grey (guest)  

Re: Taxi to Sannenzaka Ninenzaka 2016/12/4 12:10

As we do not speak Japanese, how do we tell the taxi driver to alight us at the top of the Sannenzaka slope/stairs?

If I were you, I would get the hotel staff to reserve the taxi, or get a written instruction in Japanese for your destinations.
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi to Sannenzaka Ninenzaka 2016/12/4 15:57
Being tired, I and my wife have once taken a taxi from Sanjuu-Sangendo to Kiyiomizudera. We went up Gojo-dori until its end which joins Matsubara-dori, The junction ot the two streets is just the top or entrance of the steps of San-nen-zaka. You will just get off the taxi there.
Just say the driver in Japanese, “San-nen-zaka no ue made [onegai-shimasu].” (Please go to the top of the San-nen-zaka). Or print this Japanese message and show it to the driver.

三年坂の上まで行ってください。(五条通と松原通の合流点まで行ってください。)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi to Sannenzaka Ninenzaka 2016/12/4 16:03
Sorry, I have made a mistake.
The correct is Gojo-zaka, not Gojo-dori.
So,

三年坂の上まで行ってください。(五条坂と松原通の合流点まで行ってください。)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread