Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is this enough? 2016/12/3 08:43
i'm planning my next years and i'd really like to live and work in Japan, 'cause I absolutely love the country and its culture. So, the plan basically is:

1. Conclude my bachelor's degree [IT related field];
2. Get a professional master's degree [software engineering];
3. Become fluent in English and pass the N1 JLPT.

Is this enough? Considering, that my age and salary are sufficient, will I be able to be selected as a Highly Skilled Professional? Any tips on how to improve my chances?
by Pipo (guest)  

Re: Is this enough? 2016/12/4 08:04
Enough? I think you can get a job.

I doubt you could get HSP - it is aimed more at senior management and scientists. A regular work visa would be more than sufficient however.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Is this enough? 2016/12/4 15:47
The more work experience in the IT field that you can pack onto that, the better. As you need an employer willing to sponsor your visa (extra work for them), they really like the idea that you can hit the ground running and they would be less interested if they need to educate you as they probably can find a Japanese person straight out of school for that. Make clear from the start that permanent unpaid crunch time is a given for you.

Sometimes it is easier to be transferred to Japan from a NJ company. I had an opportunity in IT from a French bank to be in charge of their UNIX servers at their Japanese headquarters, for example.
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread