Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Teramachi-dori 2016/12/3 13:43
In the second half of December, what time do the shops along Kyoto's Teramachi-dori close?

What about those at ninenzaka, sannenzaka and kiyomizuzaka?

Thank you.
by Esther Lim (guest)  

Re: Kyoto Teramachi-dori 2016/12/4 12:50
Many shops are closed from 17: 00 to 18: 00.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Teramachi-dori 2016/12/6 10:01
In Japan (and also in other countries), shops open when there are customers. So in Kiyiomizudera area where the main attraction (Kiyiomizudera) closes at 17:30 - 18:30 depending on the specific dates, the shops close around 18:00. Of course, when Kiyiomizudera opens in the evening, the shops open in the evening.

On the contrary, Teramachi is in the city center where tourists are going in the evening, shops open until 20:00 or so. Basically Japan is not the country of "night life" so there are not so many shops open late at night.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Teramachi-dori 2016/12/6 12:33
Thank you very much haro1210 and frog1954.

I will be in Kyoto next week and intend to spend the morning in Arashiyama before returning via the hankyu line to kawaramachi.

I plan to follow a walking course from nishiiki market to tatsumi bridge, hannamachi-dori, shimbashi etc. Naturally, it would be ideal if the shops are still open.

Closing at 8pm should be good enough for me.

Thank you so much indeed.
by Esther Lim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Teramachi-dori 2016/12/6 12:35
Thank you very much haro1210 and frog1954.

I will be in Kyoto next week and intend to spend the morning in Arashiyama before returning via the hankyu line to kawaramachi.

I plan to follow a walking course from nishiiki market to tatsumi bridge, hannamachi-dori, shimbashi etc. Naturally, it would be ideal if the shops are still open.

Closing at 8pm should be good enough for me.

Thank you so much indeed.
by Esther Lim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread