Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I ship baggage to be held at an airport? 2016/12/4 14:46
I have a sporting event in South Korea in March. I will be carrying with me 3 pretty large bags, each about 30kg or a bit more.
After the event I will head to Japan to take a small vacation for 16 days and when I land I would really like to just store these big (oversized for coin locker) bags. I was wondering if the Taqubin/Yamato services will ship bags to another airport and hold them in storage for a fee, or if there is a smart way of doing this? I very well cant be carrying around these bags with me during my time in Japan.
Thanks for the help!
by hgeek23  

Re: Can I ship baggage to be held at an airport? 2016/12/5 03:25
Consult your airport's website to see what luggage storage services are available there.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Can I ship baggage to be held at an airport? 2016/12/5 12:58
i've done that--i am inquiring as to whether if I land at KIX I can ship the luggage to be held at NGO or HND, or FUK, since I will depart a different airport.
by hgeek23 rate this post as useful

Re: Can I ship baggage to be held at an airport? 2016/12/5 15:10
If you have "done that", you have probably seen the contact information for each luggage storage company, and you can ask them directly whether they accept luggage sent by takkyubin.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Can I ship baggage to be held at an airport? 2016/12/5 15:14
I was asking whether the delivery services can hold hold the packages themselves. I called the officers previously and i couldn't get anyone at kix or fuk office who understood English?

Re: Can I ship baggage to be held at an airport? 2016/12/5 15:15
Appreciate the help thus far!!

Re: Can I ship baggage to be held at an airport? 2016/12/5 21:15
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/contact/faq/06/

From Yamato Kuroneko FAQ, refer Question No.7 above,

Q07. After I send my parcel I plan to travel around Japan for several weeks. Can you store the parcel for me during that time?

A7.We're sorry, we don't offer a storage service. However, you can specify a preferred delivery date up to one week from the date you left the parcel with us.

Would guess it's probably the same for all Takyubin services. Again check with company to confirm.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread