Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

To travel to Takayama old town from toyama 2016/12/5 15:16
I did some research and noticed that the nohi bus provides trip from toyama, kanazawa to shirakawago, gokayama and Takayama.

I'm actually interested in visiting shirakawago, gokayama and Takayama old town.is it nearer to travel from toyama to Takayama or from Kanazawa to Takayama?
For the bus ride, can I buy the tickets from toyama to Takayama but am I able to drop off at shirakawago halfway and hop on the bus again To continue to Takayama.
From the Takayama bus station, how do I get to the old town?
by Janis (guest)  

Re: To travel to Takayama old town from toyama 2016/12/5 20:57
Here's city map of Takayama for your reference:

http://www.hida.jp/english/admin/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/dl_city.pd...
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: To travel to Takayama old town from toyama 2016/12/5 21:19
is it nearer to travel from toyama to Takayama or from Kanazawa to Takayama?

If you are talking about the distance, then based from google, Kanazawa to Takayama is 118 km while Toyama to Takayama is 124 km via Nanto (82.1 km direct).

If referring to timing or schedule, bus ride from Kanazawa to Takayama as published by Nohi Bus is almost 2.5 hours; same from Toyama to Takayama. A local train line from Toyama to Takayama is 2 hours while Wide View Hida ride is 1.5 hour.

For the bus ride, can I buy the tickets from toyama to Takayama but am I able to drop off at shirakawago halfway and hop on the bus again To continue to Takayama.

Review the Nohi Bus schedule and fare. Fare of Toyama-Takayama sector is different from Toyama-Shirakawago and Shirakawago-Toyama sectors. You cannot hop off at Shirakawago if you pay for the Toyama-Takayama sector. Hopping off is allowed at Shirakawago if you have tickets going there.

However, if you have the Takayama-Hokuriku Pass then you can have unlimited rides in between sectors.

From the Takayama bus station, how do I get to the old town?

Check here http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5903.html

I am not sure your travel dates nor your preferred destinations and temporary base but on personal note, I did the Shirakawago and Gokayama travel from Johana so my base was Takaoka just a week ago. I rode the 5:35 am train from Takaoaka and arrived at Johana an hour later. I took 7:10 am bus from Johana all the way to Shirakawago on a weekend and alone as if it was my personal service. The ride and the view at that earliest time was divine!

If I am not mistaken, the buses from Kanazawa or Toyama can (or will have to) go thru Johana or Nanto per se thru Hokuriku or (Tokai-Hokuriku) Expressway (via a fork or interchange that separates to and from Takaoka, Kanazawa and Toyama as far as I remember).
by stikiting rate this post as useful

reply to this thread