Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

jr pass / suica card 2016/12/6 09:04
Hi!
I'm planning on taking a trip to japan in a few months, and I'm not too sure what to do about train/subway tickets...
I'm going to be there for about 1 week~10 days, and will most likely stay in Tokyo and surrounding area.

Last time I was there on holiday, I stayed for 2 weeks and took the shinkansen to kyoto, osaka and hiroshima, so the jr pass was totally worth it financially speaking, however this time I'm not sure that it would be, but I'm not sure. Would it be worth buying it?

Also, if I end up not buying it, I still have an old Suica card from the first time I was in Tokyo. That was 4 years ago and I just never got rid of it haha
Would it still work, or would I be better off getting a new one? Especially considering it was one with the renewable "free" commuting trip between 2 set station...

thanks in advance for the help!
by yuzumint (guest)  

Re: jr pass / suica card 2016/12/6 10:54
The JR Pass is for long-distance travel. If you are planning to stick to the Tokyo area, you obviously won't be doing any long-distance travel. If you plan to make day trips outside of the city, look into regional passes for the Kanto area, particularly ones specific for your intended destination (e.g. Hakone FreePass for Hakone).

IC cards stay valid for ten years without use, so there's a good chance your Suica will still work!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread