Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa to Japan 2016/12/6 21:09
Hi all,
Next yr Sep my husband is planning to go to kyoto to pursue language course. I am planning to go along with him for a period of 1 month. He had asked our friend(non-japanese) who is staying there to look for an apartment for rent. But since i am planning to go along with him, i have a doubt whether i should go only on a dependent visa, which i dont think is possible as we both are going together. Or can i even go on a tourist visa? And i'm planning to stay with my husband in the apartment which hez gonna rent. In that case during immigration can i give the same address if they ask where i'd be staying? or how does it work actually? Your kindly help is much appreciated.
by KarRop (guest)  

Re: Visa to Japan 2016/12/7 09:51
I think a tourist visa would be easiest if you're only going for a month. If an Immigration officer questions you about the address, just be honest that your husband is renting it while he studies - there's nothing illegal about staying with loved ones!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa to Japan 2016/12/7 14:28
Thank u for your reply.
by KarRop (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa to Japan 2016/12/7 14:38
If you are from a country that is not listed on the Visa Waiver Program then you should forget about your project of staying with your husband for a month while he's learning Japanese.
by Paco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa to Japan 2016/12/14 20:47
I am from India. Oh. In that case won't my tourist visa get approved??? Or else we have many friends who are working in Japan. So can i come on a tourist visa like visiting them atleast?
by KarRop (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa to Japan 2016/12/14 23:06
If you meet all creteria, you can apply a tourist visa (short-term sttay visa)

http://www.mofa.go.jp/files/000121327.pdf
by N (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread