Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokuriku Trip over New year 2017 2016/12/13 01:34
Hi There,

Can anyone provide confirmation if Nohi bus is running from Kanazawa from 2-3rd Jan 2017? i was being told by a worker in Japan travel Bureau in my country Nohi bus is closed from 29 Dec - 3rd Jan to Shirakawago & Takayama!!! meaning no buses at all :(
i have booked a nice onsen package in Takayama and cant wait to seen the Unesco Shirakawago as well. this has make me very nervous as i am travelling to Japan on 27th Dec.
i have oredy booked online all my accomodation through out holiday from 28 dec till 7th Jan 2017.

if nohi bus is really not operating, can you advise which is the best route to travel from Kanazawa to shirakawago on 2nd and then to overnight in Takayama on 2nd Jan.

Thank you in advance.

Carmen
by carmen8148  

Re: Hokuriku Trip over New year 2017 2016/12/13 13:16
That's correct. Not only Nohi Bus that will not run from 2016.12.29, even the Kaetsuno World Heritage Bus from Shirakawago to Gokayama will also not run from 2016.12.30. Both buses will temporarily halt their operations until 2017.1.3.

Can you not travel on the 4th or 5th of January?
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku Trip over New year 2017 2016/12/13 22:31
Hi Carmen,

That information is incorrect. Only selected buses will not run during the new year period, as indicated on the Nohi bus website:

https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/highwaybus/shirakawago.pdf

I personally called up the Nobi Bus Reservation Centre hotline two weeks ago and secured my reservation for a seat on one of the buses on the 29th of December. Be wary that many of the buses have already been fully reserved though.

An alternative to bus travel would be to take the Hokuriku Shinkansen from Kanazawa to Toyama, and transfer to the Limited Express Wide View Hida to Takayama. Depending on your schedule it might be even more convenient/faster than taking the bus!

I hope this helps and I wish you a great trip ahead!

Best regards,
Jon
by Jon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku Trip over New year 2017 2016/12/15 19:01
Thanks Jon!

I will be using the Hkuriku Takayam tourist pass for this route. would they allow me to reserve just like that ? coz i understand the tourist pass also cover the nohi bus to shirakawago too. thanks in advance.
by carmen8148 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread