Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accommodation for 5 16-year-olds in Japan 2016/12/13 15:50
My group and I have already booked a flight to Japan for the new year, and we attempted to use airbnb for accommodation. However, we were declined as none of us were 18.

Where could the 5 of us stay in Kyoto and Tokyo?
by WhoopieCuzzions  

Re: Accommodation for 5 16-year-olds in Japan 2016/12/14 14:57
Book regular Hotel.
by ANR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for 5 16-year-olds in Japan 2016/12/14 16:17
Ask your parents to book a regular hotel for you.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for 5 16-year-olds in Japan 2016/12/14 16:31
Make sure you check with any accommodation if they will accept underage guests. Call or e-mail them to ask before booking.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for 5 16-year-olds in Japan 2016/12/14 22:49
So pick the one of you that looks the oldest and lie and say they are 18. I doubt the person renting the apartment is checking ID.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for 5 16-year-olds in Japan 2016/12/15 08:13
Registered accommodation is required by law to take photocopies of guest passports. The apartment might skirt the rules, but OP won't know that until they arrive, and if they lie they'll get kicked out with no refund if the host does not want 16-year-olds staying in their apartment.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for 5 16-year-olds in Japan 2016/12/15 13:46
5 unaccompanied 16 year olds? I'd never rent to that!
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for 5 16-year-olds in Japan 2016/12/15 22:24
Just make a regular booking through www.booking.com once booked, you can ask questions and they will reply back to you.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for 5 16-year-olds in Japan 2016/12/16 00:08
In connection with kms899, choose accommodation in booking.com that allows hotel payment and free cancellation until a week before your check-in date, so you and your accommodation has ample time to send and receive feedback if your age will be allowed.

Better yet, visit the external website of your preferred accommodation from booking.com, inquire or email contact them first and ask them if your age will be allowed.

You may do that as well when you book thru Rakuten travel.

by stikiting rate this post as useful

reply to this thread