Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Nokogiriyama 2016/12/13 17:01
Hi there, i'm planning on a half day trip to Mt Nokogiriyama but as the trains are limited and i'm rushing off to another place, any idea how much time is required to spend in the mountains?

Understand i need at least 2-3 hours to fully take in the views, but is it possible to visit Hyaku-Shaku Kannon, Jigoku Nozoki Viewpoint and Daibutsu via ropeway in 1.5 hours or less?
by chower  

Re: Mt Nokogiriyama 2016/12/14 12:37
From where?
Which stn dep(when?) and back?
by NiS2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Nokogiriyama 2016/12/14 13:00
I think 90 min or less is probably unrealistic. There are a number of stairs to go down in order to access the Daibutsu, and then of course you need to go back up them. You may want to stop and look at some of the Rakan too. Have you looked at the ferry option instead?
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Nokogiriyama 2016/12/15 08:54
I started from Shin-Yokohama at about 8 AM and took the JR Yokosuka Line down to Kurihama, took about a 20-25 minute walk to the ferry, waited only about 15 minutes, took the ferry to Kanaya which took about 40 minutes, walked to the ropeway which took another 15-20 minutes, and then down to the ticket booth and up the steps and trail to the quarry walls, statue, and lookout. From there it was probably 30 minutes down a lot of steps to the Daibutsu with a short stop to look at the small rock statues. On the return, I got back as far as Kamakura by 4:30 PM where I took in a couple of shrines before closing, getting back to Shin-Yokohama about 6:30.

If you take JR out of HamaKanaya back to Tokyo, you can have up to an hour wait and it takes about 2 hours unless you manage to get a "rapid."
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread