Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 02:14
I will be staying around 3 Chome Kitashinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tōkyō-to.
The place i residing in for a week there is only washer provided is there any coin dryer near by the area ?
by Leo (guest)  

Re: Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 09:57
Coin laundry are common around Japan (and not having a dryer is also common). Did you try a google search before posing the question on the forum?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 10:02
Yes, I did tried Google search. Mostly it leads back to this forum. Address being posted are pretty far from my location about 30mins by bus, the post mostly are pretty back dated.
by Leo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 10:09

only washer provided
Some units could be both washer and dryer?
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 11:15
In my experience, dryers aren't common and they don't work very well either. Your best bet would be to hang the clothes up to dry. Sorry
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 12:27
http://www.1010.or.jp/map/item/item-cnt-329

How about here?

Usually Sento town spa has coin laoudry with it.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 12:44

I once stayed in a Shinjuku apartment, and was told only washer available. The first time we did our washing , we left the the washer on and went out for dinner. To our surprise, when we returned we found the clothes dry and still warm. We only later learnt that this type of washer was common in Japan.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 14:44

We only later learnt that this type of auto washer dryer was common in Japan.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 14:53
I don't know your exact location, but this map shows the locations of some coin laundries.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/laundromat/@35.6919484,139.7001417,...

Be forewarned: Some of the driers at commercial places work too well (Y100 for 20 minutes) - they can get your clothes so hot that they almost burn.

Hostel and hotel driers are a mixed bag - some work and some don't even have vents to get rid of the humidity.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 18:07
wash clothes first thing in morning. let air dry for rest of day. simples.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coin Dryer 2016/12/20 23:54
Air dry. In my experience, the washer/dryer combo exists but is less common than washer alone. I only ran into one when I was staying at a nice apartment complex where people didn't leave their laundry out in the balconies for neighbors to see. Everywhere else you go, you see laundry all over balconies.
In the winter, the heater inside the house helps to dry your clothes. I found that a morning laundry load will dry in the evening. If summer, then hang outside in the sun. Either way, do your laundry early and allow time for drying.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread