Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Before coming to japan 2016/12/20 15:38
Hi I am planning a vacation trip to Japan. For 15 days with my wife and kids .
9yrs & 4 yrs old .starting from 13/3/17 to next 15 days . I am from India . What are things which are to noted other before travelling to Japan . I want to apply for visa & after that I can book my air tickets & hotel bookings .
Second I want to travel in bullet train for inter city transfers.wanted your help on this .
by Deven (guest)  

Re: Before coming to japan 2016/12/20 16:18
You can't book tickets for most shinkansen until you arrive in Japan. Only JR East allows bookings from outside of Japan, and they don't travel all over the country.

You'll also need to look into things like the Ghibli Museum and theme parks; Ghibli Museum tickets must be booked ahead of time, and for some theme parks tourists often prefer to pre-buy tickets online.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Before coming to japan 2016/12/20 16:31
Visa, search google or check here http://www.in.emb-japan.go.jp/visa%20info.html

Itinerary - Check Japan Guide or other websites for more information
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Before coming to japan 2016/12/20 18:00
Which are the theme parks that are needed to be pre book sir . It will be of great help if you can provide information.
by Deven (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Before coming to japan 2016/12/20 19:30
Firstly, don't assume we're all men here. I am female.

Secondly, it would probably be a better idea for you to first choose what you want to see and do, and then find out if it needs to be booked ahead of time. The Ghibli Museum is one I know needs to be booked ahead of time; Universal Studios and Disney are by choice (you can buy tickets at the gate), and other smaller ones may only have tickets available at the gate. Find out what you want to do first, research them, and find out for yourself if you need to book ahead of time.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Before coming to japan 2016/12/20 19:37
Check out the main japan-guide website first.

Get an overview..work out the things you might like to do...put together a bit of a draft plan...and then ask some questions on the detail.

This forum is really helpful, but you need to have more specific questions in the first place.

Good luck with your planning...
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread