Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling Japan in February? 2016/12/23 06:59
So, I will be spending a month in Japan in February and I need all the tips I can get. I'm worried about the cold - wasn't actually aware of how bad it can be when I booked.

What's the best way of backpacking around and getting the most out of my trip?
by georgiaruskin  

Re: Travelling Japan in February? 2016/12/23 13:09
You need to provide us with a lot more information.

Where do you plan on visiting? Japan is a big country, and the weather will be very different in different areas.

What is your budget? How many days will you be travelling?

What kind of traveller are you? What do you like to do while travelling? What kind of things do you like to see and do?
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling Japan in February? 2016/12/24 11:38
So I fly into Toyko on the 8th February, and then fly out from Toyko on the 7th March. Thus far, I have booked two nights accommodation in Asahiakwa (11th/12th Feb), because I wanted to be in Hokkaido for the snow festival. I have never travelled alone before, so this trip is massive for me. My budget - I mean, I don't particularly have one. I would like to keep it as minimal as possible, and am looking to be staying in hostels. I am not interested in cities, I want this trip to be more about the beauty of nature and so I'm keen to do a lot of walking, so long as accommodation is something that is present. Not sure where to start my research!
by georgiaruskin rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling Japan in February? 2016/12/24 11:56
Not sure where to start my research!

Not to be snarky at you, but you've just posted on the number one travel information website about Japan. You'd start here of course... look up places and read about the things you can do there to get an idea about what you want to see and do, then branch out from there to create an itinerary. Once you've got a better idea of what you want to do, forum members can help more to give you guidance and ideas.

As for the cold, yes, depending on where you will be it is quite cold, but that's also relative. A friend from Canada scoffs at what I, as a Texan, consider freezing. A lot of it is relative. Layering will help.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling Japan in February? 2016/12/24 14:01
I agree with scareddragon - start reading! It looks intimidating with the amount of options, but that's the best way to get the trip you want - research! This website, Google, and guidebooks are all good places to find information. Read about lots of places and see if they appeal to you.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread