Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheapest way Narita to HonjoAzumabashi 2016/12/24 00:34
Which is the cheapest way from Narita Airport to HonjoAzumabashi?
What if I buy Tokyo Subway Ticket for 72 hours? Which will be the better way travelling from Narita Airport?
Can I buy the 72 hours tokyo subway ticket for 6 days from Narita Airport? If you know what I mean. I wish to buy 72 hours ticket consecutively for 6 days.
by doomdadadoom  

Re: Cheapest way: NRT to Honjo-azumabashi Sta. 2016/12/24 21:08
When in the year will you come to Japan?
How is your flight to NRT scheduled?

Honjo-azumabashi Station is on Toei Subway Asakusa Line.
Please note that some trains skip this station.

You can take one or a few trains on Keisei Main and Oshiage Lines plus Toei Subway Asakusa Line.
Keisei Oshiage Line and Toei Subway Asakusa Line are jointed in Oshiage Station.
The total one-way railroad cost is 1100 yen / 1087 yen per adult passenger when you travel with a paper ticket / an IC transportation card.

To use Keisei Main Line, you pass through both the entrance gate and the intermediate gate of the Keisei station in NRT Terminal 1 or 2.

Keisei trains bound for (Keisei) Ueno / (Keisei) Takasago do not bring you to Oshiage; you can change trains in Aoto Station / (Keisei) Takasago Station, which is quick and easy.
The other trains leaving the Keisei stations in NRT are Keisei-Toei through trains.
However, it sounds not easy, especially for foreign travelers, to know the Toei Subway stations where a Keisei-Toei through train makes stops.
So, I recommend that you would get off your train at Oshiage Station then ask a station attendant which train you should take to get to Honjo-azumabashi Station.

What if I buy Tokyo Subway Ticket for 72 hours?

Do you plan to visit many sites in or around Tokyo which are accessible mainly be subway?

The subway section (Oshiage -- Honjo-azumabashi) is short, and the one-way fare is less than 200 yen; so, this ride alone will not be enough for a Tokyo Subway Ticket to pay off.

Logically you can use, for example,
your first 72-hour Tokyo Subway Ticket from 10 am on Day 1 until 10 am on Day 4
then your second 72-hour Tokyo Subway Ticket from 11 am on Day 4 until 11 am on Day 7;
whether it can save your cost depends on your itinerary.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Cheapest way Narita to HonjoAzumabashi 2016/12/25 12:07
by Nam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheapest way Narita to HonjoAzumabashi 2016/12/26 16:22
Completely agree with omotenashi. In my last trip I bought 72-hour Tokyo Subway Ticket. Also I booked cheap tickets to Tokyo at
https://lowcost.club/ to save money. Want to visit Tokyo the third time next month.
by KellyOn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread