Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Entertainment for 2.5yo in Hokkaido 12D? 2016/12/24 14:40
Hi guys,

I have done almost 1 full month of research on Hokkaido for my family's trip (2A+1C) to Hokkaido next year in mid August 2017.

While there is no lack of great nature/scenery out there, there seems to be a lack of:

1. Themed parks/edutainment activities for my 2.5yo daughter (other than the ones @ Airport, and the many zoos available)

2. Hipster cafés with nice looking décor (most of the cafés seem to have the minimalist look, unlike the ones I can find in Tokyo).

Hope to seek some advice with regard to the 2 items above.

Also good if anyone can recommend a website that has a directory of great LOCAL finds (food/scenery/what-have-you), instead of the typical touristy spots like Odori Park, Unkai Terrace etc.

Lastly, would like to check - are the natural onsens safe for toddlers (2.5yo for mine) to be in? Or are they too warm for kids to be in? If so, we will likely skip a lot of onsen towns and have to find alternative activities that all can enjoy.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
by nomorethantwo  

Re: Entertainment for 2.5yo in Hokkaido 12D? 2016/12/24 17:30
I see children that age in hot springs - just check the water temperature yourself. Many will have `roten` (outdoor) pools and those are generally a bit cooler.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Entertainment for 2.5yo in Hokkaido 12D? 2016/12/24 17:42
How about Streamer Coffee in Sapporo? It's pretty good and felt like we weren't in the usual not-so-great coffee shops in Japan. http://streamercoffee.com/location.html They do espresso rather than the usual drip filter method seen throughout Japan which I can't say I favour...
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread