Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo - Best spots for New year fireworks? 2016/12/26 01:30
Hi there,

I am planning to celebrate 2017 new year in Tokyo. I decided to enjoy Fireworks.

I dont know where is best spot to watch new year firework and should i line up for the fireworks?
by Chloe Nguyen (guest)  

Re: Tokyo - Best spots for New year fireworks? 2016/12/26 22:16

New year's eve firework in Tokyo? Where did you get the information?
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Best spots for New year fireworks? 2016/12/26 23:02
Fireworks are not common in Japan on NYE. It's generally a more humble affair compared to the sort of celebrations in the west. You might be lucky if you go to Tokyo Tower (according to the following article right at the end), but I've never seen fireworks around Tokyo at that time. Good luck and be sure to let us know if you see any!

tokyocheapo.com/travel/holidays/japanese-new-year-tokyo
by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Best spots for New year fireworks? 2016/12/27 03:58
I've seen news reports from all over the world whenever they ring in the New Year. It always starts with Auckland or Sydney setting off the fireworks. When it finally gets to showing Japan, it always is the ringing of the giant bell at some famous temple. It's never been fireworks. Fireworks are usually a summer festival thing.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Best spots for New year fireworks? 2016/12/27 11:55

If this information is correct, then there will be limited fireworks in "The area".

https://www.govoyagin.com/activities/japan-tokyo-new-year-eve-countdow...
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Best spots for New year fireworks? 2016/12/27 20:39
Ah, that link for the New Year's Eve cruise says it goes to Maihama for fireworks (i.e. Disneyland).

(Just for the record, Maihama is not in Tokyo, nor is Disneyland.)
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Best spots for New year fireworks? 2017/1/1 09:58

@ Chloe Nguyen,

How was the fireworks?
Saw this, but unsure where it was:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xewoxRn0__A
by Shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread