Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

luggage & Shimanami Kaido Bikeway? 2017/1/4 18:34
What do i do with my luggage while biking the Shimanami Kaido Bikeway?
by matanus  

Re: luggage & Shimanami Kaido Bikeway? 2017/1/5 10:12
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: luggage & Shimanami Kaido Bikeway? 2017/1/5 13:16
"Sagawa" provided special service "しまなみ海道手ぶらサイクリング/Shimanami-kaido tebura cycling" for bike tourist.
(another famous transportation company in Japan)
But only for listed Hotel/Ryokans.
http://www.sagawa-exp.co.jp/stc/
Use google translate.
by Ponta (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: luggage & Shimanami Kaido Bikeway? 2017/1/5 20:15
I used Kuro Neko when I biked last summer. You can deposit your luggage in agencies, or in Kombini (that's what I did). Be careful, not every konbini has this service, just look for the black cat logo at the entrance. It is very practical as you can choose the date and time of delivery. The price depends on the size and weight of the luggage, and distance. I paid between 1000 and 1100 yens for a (big) cabin luggage that weighted 10 kgs; I shipped it from Osaka to Takamatsu.

Another solution could be to use a coin locker in a station, if you plan to come back to the same train station within three calendar days. For the Shimanami Kaido, you could store your luggage in Okayama or Hiroshima station. However this is not the easiest !

A third solution could be to leave your luggage in a hotel in you plan to stay at the same hotel within a few days. Some hotels do that, but you have to ask in advance.
by Vienna Logan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread