Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone - single traveller 2017/1/5 09:13
Hi guys
I am thinking of heading to hakone in mid March for 3 days. Which area would be the better place to stay in (hakone yumoto/gora/near the lake) and does anyone have recommendations for mid priced ryokans who accept single person reservations? I was searching online but some of the room plans only start from 2 people and above.

Thanks!
by Adeline (guest)  

Re: Hakone - single traveller 2017/1/5 11:56
I was in Hakone for 3 days/2 nights about 2 months ago. I had no issue finding a room for single guest (myself) using expedia.com

I stayed in Hakone Yumoto because it is close to the train station, and there is a town where you can find many restaurants, in case the ryokan food is not enough or not agreeable. In retrospect, being near the train station was not that important, because the difference in transportation time would have been less than 45 minutes (regardless of which area I stayed). I did eat one lunch in town, but that alone would not be a reason enough to stay near the train station.

If you plan to buy the 2/3-day pass, you can tour the whole area (Yumoto/Gora/Lake/etc) easily.

The most enjoyable part of my trip was the view of Mt Fuji and Lake Ashinoko from Narukawa Museum, on south shore of the lake. I can easily stay at the café in that museum and enjoy the view all day. Just for that, I would search for a ryokan near the lake Ashinoko next time.

by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone - single traveller 2017/1/5 17:18
Thanks Mei!
by Adeline (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread