Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Place to keep packages in Japan 2017/1/9 05:38
Hi, I have a friend visiting Japan in two weeks, and I was looking to order clothes online and have them pick it up since the company does not do international shipping. I was wondering if there were any places in Japan to send a parcel for keeping to- just as for amazon you can send it to a local convenience store for 10 days. I'm very unaware of things that go in postal services, and trying to find an answer in japanese makes things even tougher. If I wanted to have it sent to the post office, would that work? And on their website, there isn't a simple 'ship to store' option, so would it work to just enter a store address?
by alaine (guest)  

Re: Place to keep packages in Japan 2017/1/9 09:04
You can send it to the hotel they are staying at, if you arrange for delivery while they are there (i.e., not too early, and definitely not after they depart). Make sure to address it as "hotel guest: Jane Doe", otherwise the hotel may not accept it.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Place to keep packages in Japan 2017/1/9 09:20
Send to post offices: https://www.post.japanpost.jp/service/sisho/

DO NOT just write the address of a post office or other store; if you do the delivery WILL be rejected and sent back to the sender.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Place to keep packages in Japan 2017/1/9 09:38
I meant "sending to post offices", not necessarily that you should do it; sending to the hotel would probably work too (although it's always best to ask them in advance).

Re: Place to keep packages in Japan 2017/1/9 10:49
I've suggested that, but he'd prefer if there were a different place other than his hotel where he could pick it up.
by alaine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Place to keep packages in Japan 2017/1/9 18:27
Why can your friend not collect the packages from your residence?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Place to keep packages in Japan 2017/1/9 21:17
By the way, of course sending to post offices only works if the package is sent by post. If it is sent with Yamato, they have a similar system where you can send to a service center, and Sagawa probably has one as well.

reply to this thread