Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Early flight out of Chitose airport 2017/1/10 06:29
Hi, my flight at Chitose airport leaves at 7.50am. I wonder if I best stay overnight in Sapporo and take an early train or bus, or stay in a hotel near the airport.
I'm flying to Tokyo (transit), and then on to Europe...
The earliest rapid train arrives from Sapporo at the airport at 6.55am. Buses leave earlier in Sapporo, but I don't find an English site which have the arrival time at the airport.

Thanks!
Natasja
by Natasja (guest)  

Re: Early flight out of Chitose airport 2017/1/10 16:11
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Early flight out of Chitose airport 2017/1/13 05:44
Thanks! very useful!
by Natasja (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Early flight out of Chitose airport 2017/1/13 11:27
I live in Sapporo now, but public transport often delays for bad weather at this season. You may not to go to Chitose Airport when it is the worst, I recommend that you stay in hotel near Chitose Airport.
by Mikiokun rate this post as useful

Re: Early flight out of Chitose airport 2017/1/13 17:39
Hi,

I was in the same situation as you (April '15) and I decided to get a hotel close to the airport and use a taxi.
When I arrived at 6:10 I noticed that the airlines start their business at 6:30 earliest. So arriving any earlier is pointless.
From check-in counter to past the security check it took no longer than 10minutes. The shops after the security check did not even open before 7:00.
Based on this experience I would actually use the train the next time, even though it contradicts my experiences from european airports ;-)

However, if there is a fair chance that the train is delayed, I may not gamble on it.

Kind regards

by esb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Early flight out of Chitose airport 2017/1/14 21:16
I had to make the same decision because I'm also booked on the 7.50am flight in February. After worrying about the weather and about how early to get up and how to get to the Saporro train station in the early morning I decided to leave Sapporo in the evening and to take an airport hotel for the night before the departure. I don't know if it's necessary, but taking an evening train makes me feel more comfortable.

Just my two cents...
by Bullet Train (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread