Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto day trip itinerary 2017/1/11 18:07
Hello!

I have a plan to explore kyoto in a day with few destinations, will arrive at night then going to these destinations the next day, then go to Tokyo afterwards detailed below:

8:00:00 AM Fushimi Inari
11:00:00 AM Arashiyama
3:00:00 PM Kinkakuji
7:33:00 PM - 10:10:00 PM Kyoto-Tokyo

I probably just go there, take pictures, then leave. So with the schedule above will it be possible?

Thanks.
by Rio (guest)  

Re: Kyoto day trip itinerary 2017/1/12 12:28
It definitely will be possible granted you start your day early in the morning, and leave Kyoto later in the day (6-7 PM).

You can do the following route: Fushimi Inari - Kinkakuji - Ryoan-ji next to it - Arashiyama.

Although, I'd personally start with Arashiyama and go backwards, since it is the furthest one from Kyoto station.

Hope this helps. I also have tons of suggestions/tips on my blog, you might want to have a look for inspiration.

cheers, nano | Travel With Nano B. - Travel & Food Blog
by Travel With Nano B rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto day trip itinerary 2017/1/12 13:25
Hi Nano,
Thanks for the suggestion. I also thought the same too, only that I'm afraid if I go to fushimi inari in the afternoon it will be crowded? What do you think?
by Rio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto day trip itinerary 2017/1/12 16:57
It's definitely more crowded in the afternoon. The thing is, Fushimi Inari is open 24/7 - you can't say that about most other places. So if you're going to do someplace early in the morning or the evening, it is a good choice.
If you want, you could get up really early and see the Honganji Temples too - they open at the crack of dawn, and are within walking distance of Kyoto Stn. They have some of the most impressive wooden buildings in the world, and if you have the energy, are worth some of your attention.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto day trip itinerary 2017/1/12 19:34
Hi Rio,
It's definitely possible for your schedule. But I think you still have enough time to visit other great places like Kiyomizu Temple and Gion.
As to my idea, you can travel around Kyoto like this:
8:00 am-9:00 am Kyoto Tower
9:30 am-10:30 am Kinkakuji Temple
11:00 am-12:00 am Arashiyama
12:30 pm-13:00 pm Have lunch in MOCHITUKI
14:00 pm-15:00 pm Kiyomizu Temple
16:00 pm-17:00 pm Gion

I think that you may can have a try. haha
Btw, I once used Tourank app as my Japan travel guide. It helped me a lot. You can also have a try.
Hope you have a nice trip !
by FloriaHanlovetravel rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto day trip itinerary 2017/1/14 19:03
Hi Rio,

Believe me! Your plan is too rush. You should focus on 1 or 2 areas only. If it is possible, you should stay a night in Kyoto, then get early train to back to Tokyo. You will have a full day in Kyoto.

Just in case, you have to keep the plan:
Kinkakuji (North) will open at 9:00AM. You should visit it at first. Try to finish it at around 11:00AM, then go to Arashiyama (Western) for lunch and visit there until 16:30. Fushimi Inari should be the last one since it is open all the time. You can spend here for every hour you have, then go back to Kyoto main station.

Have a nice trip!
by lnkhang rate this post as useful

reply to this thread