Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Amanohashidate : View Land & Kasamatsu Park 2017/1/16 00:10
Hi.

We will visit Amanohashidate in June.

1) Where is a better place to catch the view of the sandbar ?
Amanohashidate View Land or Kasamatsu Park ?

2) As we will be renting a car, are we able to drive up to either of the 2 places ?

3) Do both places charge an admission fee ?

4) Wondering if it worthwhile walking alongthe sandbar and/or taking the sightseeing cruise ?

5) Has anyone visited the Amanohashidate winery ?
If so, any good ?

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.
by lifesucketh  

Re: Amanohashidate : View Land & Kasamatsu Park 2017/1/16 10:38
The classic view of the sand bar is from Amanohashidate View Land. There is no road to the location, just the chairlift and monorail. What I remember is more like a cablecar than a monorail, but it's a small one, not like the cablecar for Koyasan.

I do not remember a fee, other than the monorail ride.

I walked the sandbar once, and did the ferry ride three times. I was on a day pass, which gave unlimited ferry rides. If I went back, I would want to stay on the train station side (that was one back and forth to get to my ryokan), and walk the sandbar one way.

What I do remember most is the Monjudo Festival and fireworks.
http://www.kyoto-kankou.or.jp/english/info_search/?event_id=2312&r=133

I do believe that there is another times during the year that the sandbar is lit up by torches along the bank, but I don't remember when.

Good Luck, in planning your trip.

I didn't go to the winery.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate : View Land & Kasamatsu Park 2017/1/16 21:36
Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like the Amanohashidate View Land should be the priority.
Hopefully we can get parking there easily.

Don't mind walking along the sandbar, but we have to walk back the entire length to get our car.
Is there a point along the sandbar which is 'best' so we can stop there and turn back ?

Incidentally, can we drive up to Kasamatsu Park ?

Thanks.

by lifesucketh rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate : View Land & Kasamatsu Park 2017/1/16 22:34
There is a road to Kasamatsu Park. I took the cablecar, and I remember buying a sandwich and a drink at the park. I also remember there being a shuttle bus from the park to Nariaiji Temple. I walked up the road to the temple and was thinking "this wasn't that long on the map?" The road was fairly narrow, and after a bus came by, I decided that this was a very stupid idea. I ended up going back to a small shrine, and found a small park and had my lunch there. I probably made it about 40% of the way up to the temple, and then turned around and went back down. I also remember after getting back to Kasamastu park, I had ice cream and enjoyed the overlook.

I really did not pay much attention to the parking at Kasamatsu Park. I don't know if there is much at all.

As for walking the sandbar, there were several places to stop, including beaches. There were also pavilions to have lunch. I remember a bathroom or two, and at least one had vending machines for drinks.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate : View Land & Kasamatsu Park 2017/2/19 22:24
Kasamatsu Park is the traditional view of Amanohashidate.
Amanohashidate literally means "bridge to heaven" in Japanese and the view from Kasamatsu Park is called "bridge to heaven".
View Land got attention for recent years, since they market well.
There is a temple called Nariai-ji Temple which located further up of Kasamatsu Park, and that temple is found in 704, so the view from Kasamatsu Park side was known at least from that time. On the other hand, View Land started there business in 1970. Well, it's clear in history.
by Local (guest) rate this post as useful

Amanohashidate : View Land & Kasamatsu Park 2017/5/21 20:01
Noted with thanks.

So if time permits (hopefully), I should drive up to Kasamatsu Park and take the monorail/chair lift to Viewland thereafter.

Are there any other (free) lookout points that I should not miss, ones where we can simply drive to ?

Thanks.
by lifesucketh rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate : View Land & Kasamatsu Park 2017/5/23 11:13
We went a few years ago. We viewed from Kasamatsu Park. We did not have a car.

We arrived at Amanohashidate station, then took the cruise along the sand bar. The cruise was nice, though it was cheesy that they sold seagull food on the boat to feed the birds who fly along with the boat as you cross the bay.

Upon arrival, there is a 10 to 15 minute walk to the base of the cable car / chairlift. Your choice on which to take. The view was really nice, and the weather for us was great. It wasn't too crowded, either. I think that the Viewland site is more crowded.

We descended and took the boat back to catch the train.

I think the boat ride was well worth it (we got the Kyoto Sea Area Pass).

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate : View Land & Kasamatsu Park 2017/5/23 12:52
Sorry I meant to say "limited time" in my post above.

[url=http://prndsl.com][color=#ecf3f7]คาสิโน[/color][/url]

by harry56 rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate : View Land & Kasamatsu Park 2017/5/25 23:45
Kasamatsu Park is the view that should be prioritized if you want to try and experience Amanohashidate as the "bridge to heaven". That seems to be the "classic view". That view shows the bar as a lengthened version and with clear skies can actually show the same sky above and below with the reflection in the water.

From View Land, it's a straight-on view of the sandbar, so you don't see any length. As someone else pointed out, the Kasamatsu side also has more of interest. The temple and the winery are on that side.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread