Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Name entry JAL domestic 2017/1/16 20:21
Hi there.
Was in the middle of reserving a ticket for a JAL domestic flight when the name entry question appeared.

A little worried it could not allow me to board if spelling is bad I want to make sure how to put in the names.

If in the passport says first name George and surname Fredrich Arsenal, should the surname be put as FREDRICHARSENAL right?

Sorry for the newbie question, I am just confused...
by Heraklios (guest)  

Re: Name entry JAL domestic 2017/1/17 14:44
There is a recent thread here regarding name appearance in ticket against passport/identification although the issue was the middle name/initial http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+152332.

Rule of the thumb is that the ticket name must exactly match the passport/identification name. It just happen that there is what we call system limitation, i.e. character length (number of letters you are allowed to input) of the name/s you are entering.

If you have spaced surname and is allowed to have a spaced surname in JAL website, do type exactly the name you are identified. Otherwise, clarify with JAL regarding input of spaced surname prior purchase of ticket.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Name entry JAL domestic 2017/1/18 00:02
It does not specify how to type in the name. The ANA reservation told me to put it in the same field without spaces. But JAL says nothing. Cant find any e-mail or something to JAL either.

The link posted to the other thread did not exactly help me either unfortunately.
by Herakios (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Name entry JAL domestic 2017/1/18 00:37
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Name entry JAL domestic 2017/1/18 01:12
Well, sorry if i am being a bit of loss here but not sure how these links would help my problem.

I still cannot find any e-mail and the FAQ does not specify anything about name entry other than a post about maiden name...
by Heraklios (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Name entry JAL domestic 2017/1/18 08:32
I have a first name, second name and last name, but I always only use my first name and last name for flights (never my second name). I never had any problems, neither on international flights nor on domestic flights where the traveler's identity never even gets checked.

The only issue you encounter if you have a JAL mileage membership. Then, the name entered has to correspond to the name registered with your mileage account, otherwise the online reservation system throws a confusing error.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Name entry JAL domestic 2017/1/18 10:43
I already entered the name in the reservation (have not yet purchased the booking as JAL calls it).

Do you think there will be a problem if it says my both given names?

For example if it were John Eric

It was typed in as JOHNERIC, not JOHN ERIC or just JOHN

If unsure I'd have to cancel my reservation but not sure if I can make a reservation for the same rate again...
by Heraklios (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Name entry JAL domestic 2017/1/18 11:45
It will be no problem. On domestic flights in Japan, the identity of passengers is not checked, and you do not have to show any piece of identification.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread