Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Reality TV Show with Psychics 2017/1/18 00:45
I've read reports in which it is claimed that American psychics (for example JoeMcMoneagle)
helped on Japanese TV with his remote viewing skills to successfully locate missing People in Tokyo.

I want to ask You : is this believable ? Do You know this kind of TV Show ?
Or ist this quite possibly faked ?

Thank You for any help !
by Peter Schlegel (guest)  

Re: Japanese Reality TV Show with Psychics 2017/1/18 15:56
They are as fake or un-fake as similar programs in their home countries. I've heard inside stories from a close friend who has been involved in these shows, and the crew work extremely hard to find out the truth.

But what do you mean by "fake" anyway? It's not like they bring along an actor to pretend he's a criminal. They are real people who were involved in real crimes.

by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Reality TV Show with Psychics 2017/1/18 18:02
I mean : if they really found people that were really missing !
I think if this were true, it would be sensational news all over
the world !
And anyway : why do tjhe call American Psychics on the
show ? I'm sure Japan has their own Psychics !
That is why I thought the show could be faked to make good TV
but the TV somehow arranged things...
by Peter Schlegel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Reality TV Show with Psychics 2017/1/18 21:42
I mean : if they really found people that were really missing !

I mean, what missing people are you talking about? I couldn't find any information, be it just rumor or not, about missing people in Japan actually "found" by the likes of Joe.

But reality aside, I think the shows work more as a threat than investigation. What I'm saying is that by featuring missing people on TV (and they are truly missing), people will be reminded of the incident and try to find the missing person, while criminals will be threatened that the world is focusing on the incident.

Re: Japanese Reality TV Show with Psychics 2017/1/18 22:38

Thank You very much for Your effort Uco !

The claim is this (by Joe McMoneagle) : he knew just the Name
of truly (so they claimed in the show) missing Japanese people. The Names were hidden in an envelope..!?
Then he did his "Remote Viewing" from his home in the USA
and made a map where the missing people could be.
Then the he appeared on the TV Show in Tokyo and
it was reavealed that they found 24 out of 40 people (!!!)
with his "psychic" help !
So I thought if this were factual, it shoul have made BIG news !

If I spoke Japanese, I would research this myself to find out the truth...

Re: Japanese Reality TV Show with Psychics 2017/1/27 20:55
Peter,

I just recognized that you had posted on Jan 18th. I'm sorry I didn't notice until now.

I'm afraid I couldn't find much details about it, but I did find a blog criticizing McMoneagle.
http://www.sakusha.net/moromoro/makumoniguru4.htm

The gist of it is that the blogger says that McMoneagle was able to find only things that any TV crew can find.

I don't know how fake the TV crew is, but I do think that there are many ways for a man to find out names and draw maps. All he has to do is to do his homework, and he even has the internet. I'm sure he has secretaries too.

The blog also makes a point by suggesting that TV tries to make it look like he guessed some real answers when all he did was to make guesses that are "close to what you'd want to believe".

But like I wrote previously, I think that by doing these TV shows, victims might be encouraged and criminals can get intimidated. Plus, there is a lot that an ordinary person can find, so I don't think it's all that bad that they're doing these shows once in a while to dig out and remind the world about incidents from the past.

By the way, I don't know about McMoneagle, but a lot of the so-called psychic type of people make their guesses based on real data. Long story short, math can lead you to almost anything. And honest psychics (or whatever you call them) openly tell that to you on TV. So there's kind of a thin line between a "detailed search based on huge data" and voodoo.

Re: Japanese Reality TV Show with Psychics 2017/1/30 16:59

This is a very helpful answer...thank You very much Uco !

Re: Japanese Reality TV Show with Psychics 2017/2/2 04:16
If McMoneagle's or any other psychic's skills are working, they should have collected the 1 million dollar from the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

Enough said.
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread