Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kugenuma Kaigan from Kamakura? 2017/1/18 10:02
I booked a hotel by the beach at Kugenuma Kaigan. How would I get there from Kamakura Station? There doesn't seem to be a train option and I have luggage from the airport.
by Pat B (guest)  

Re: Kugenuma Kaigan from Kamakura? 2017/1/18 13:12
There is Odakyu Enoshima Line train with a station Kugenumakaigan. Is your hotel close to that station. If so, there are two ways to get to Kamakura station.

Take the Odakyu Enoshima train to Fujisawa station, and either (1) transfer onto Enoden train to Kamakura station (cute train, my personal recommendation); or
(2) transfer onto JR Tikaido Main Line train and go to Ofuna station, and transfer onto JR Yokosuka Line train to Kamakura station.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kugenuma Kaigan from Kamakura? 2017/1/18 13:14
I described the route TO Kamakura station above. Just reverse the order to go FROM Kamakura.

Re: Kugenuma Kaigan from Kamakura? 2017/1/18 13:24
Thank you. I will look up those routes. Would I be able to take a taxi? If so, what would the approximate cost be?
by Pat B (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kugenuma Kaigan from Kamakura? 2017/1/18 13:57
Yes, there are taxis at Kamakura station. The fare to Kugenumakaigan station is estimated to be around 4000 yen (3800 to 4300 range).

Re: Kugenuma Kaigan from Kamakura? 2017/1/18 16:54
Thank you so much for the information.

Re: Kugenuma Kaigan from Kamakura? 2017/1/18 22:37
No.
Just walk fr Enoshima stn(Enoden) to Katase-Enoshima stn(Odakyu) is easiest and cheapest.
https://goo.gl/maps/QMyhqdvjN932
(under 10 min no hard slope/use street view,too)

Enoden is Enoshima Electric Railway's nick. (Not JR)
Odakyu is also Odakyu Electric Railway's nick. (Not JR)
No need back Fujisawa stn if NOT bad weather.

Enoden is exactly "cute" using short and narrow cars
and operating route location also good sea side and very close local houses town area.
Enoden and around area is a lot of famous titles featured.
(film,TV-drama,anime,manga/comic,music video and more)
https://goo.gl/RiI328
by WHsC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kugenuma Kaigan from Kamakura? 2017/1/19 02:42
Thank you WHsC and Mei. I now have all the information I need to make a decision. Thank you too WHsC for that Twitter page which I enjoyed very much!!!

Re: Kugenuma Kaigan from Kamakura? 2017/1/19 13:11
You could take Odakyu Enoshima Line train for Kugenumakaigan station. But, it may be bit confusing for you to find the right train. When my friends went to Kamakura, they used a service that you can talk about local information with local people. I would recommend it!
by Ken. O (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kugenuma Kaigan from Kamakura? 2017/1/19 13:15
This is the link to the website. https://goo.gl/C73T0g
by Ken. O (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread