Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Entering phone numbers 2017/1/21 09:45
Hello,
Often when making reservations, flight or hotel, I am asked to enter my phone number.

Since carrying my cell phone abroad it should be no problem reaching me on it but when entering phone number I can not enter the country code and the +, like +33 following the phone number.

I learned you have to dial 010 before the country code in Japan, would that be an idea to put in like that?
by peacross (guest)  

Re: Entering phone numbers 2017/1/21 11:40
Try leaving out the + or the +33? Since you must be entering your country somewhere as part of your home address, that may not be necessary.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Entering phone numbers 2017/1/22 19:56
Just thought if there were any type of practice in Japan when entering phone numbers like that.
by peacross (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Entering phone numbers 2017/1/22 21:36
For domestic numbers (for which the system tends to be initially designed) usually we would just start from the area code, so that would be what I would try.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Entering phone numbers 2017/1/25 13:59
Not a problem limited to Japan, but normally you have a country of residence field and that fills in the gaps.

So +12 34 5678 9012 would just be 034 5678 9012 and the booking system would add the country code and then when dialing would drop the leading zero etc etc

I have some accounts where I cannot load in my correct phone number here in Japan so I use a default number that I have active for that country. (And occasionally I have to swap SIMs to get the correct messages I get sent . . . . .)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread