Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai to Itami in 3 hours? 2017/1/21 23:02
I Have booked to visit Tokyo in Japan but I land at Osaka Kansai airport and have 3 hours to get over to Itami airport in central Osaka for my flight to Tokyo. I am from the UK so I assume I will have to go through immigration control just to get out of Kansai and across to the next airport for my domestic flight to Tokyo and I don't think all that is possible in 3 hours for someone who has never traveled to japan before. Any advice would be helpful
Thanks
by Rhyl  

Re: Kansai to Itami in 3 hours? 2017/1/22 14:03
What time will you arrive in KIX? What time is your flight from ITM to Tokyo? KIX is guilty of long queues. Heaven forbid flight delay but I am not sure the 30-45 minutes process (walk out of plane until customs clearance) will do you any favor.

Take a look of the transportation in between airports http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/kix/t_itm.html. Moreover, you can even fly from KIX to Tokyo.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai to Itami in 3 hours? 2017/1/22 23:12

You might want to consider Peach air, flying out from KIX directly.

http://www.flypeach.com/pc/en
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai to Itami in 3 hours? 2017/1/23 01:13
Hello
My flight arrives in Kansai 8:35am and departs from Itami at 12:00 then arrives in Tokyo 13:10. I booked with KLM and had no clue until they sent through the details it was at different airports in Osaka.
by Rhyl rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai to Itami in 3 hours? 2017/1/23 01:24
I booked with KLM and had no clue until they sent through the details it was at different airports in Osaka.

You would have had a clue if you had looked more carefully... Anyway, flights from Itami to Tokyo are very frequent, so even if you miss it they'll just rebook you on the next one.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai to Itami in 3 hours? 2017/1/23 07:51
I think Firas is right, no worries.

One additional information.

http://www.kansai-airports.co.jp/en/news/2016/369/RenewalofITMKIXTrans...

When you buy shuttle bus ticket, please show your flight tickets and you will get 3000 yen voucher which can be used in the airport (in your case Itami airport, but I am not sure.).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai to Itami in 3 hours? 2017/1/23 08:38
Actually Firas my flight was booked as Birmingham - Tokyo with a switch over in Amsterdam and Osaka. No information on the different airports until I received the ticket via email. Anyway I emailed KLM and just had a response apologizing for booking the flight to Tokyo at a different airport in Osaka but said they would ensure that I could get on another flight if I missed the one in Itami so at least some reassurance there.
Thanks to everyone's help though! These things can be confusing, clearly not to some but as its my first time flying outside of Europe I wasn't sure what to expect.
by Rhyl rate this post as useful

reply to this thread