Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinkansen during Golden Week 2017 2017/1/22 15:20
Hi all,

I booked my trip to Japan during Golden Week 2017...
I am concerned about the availability of the Shinkansen . Do you think i'd have issues reserving seats in such short notice?

April 28 - Arrival Tokyo
May 4th - Tokyo to Shin-Osaka(Shinkansen)

thanks.
by kan (guest)  

Re: Shinkansen during Golden Week 2017 2017/1/22 20:19
I had a green JR pass during golden week in 2014, and did not have any problems. I did notice a lot of students lined up in rows on the platform at the end of golden week in Hiroshima. I did not reserve my seat ahead of time, but I was riding first class.

The Yosakoi dance parade in Hiroshima during golden week is worth going to.

I also stayed in a hotel a few days later in Shirahama where students were on a field trip for several days. You may run into students on field trips.

Book your seats when you exchange your pass.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen during Golden Week 2017 2017/1/25 06:05
Good to know that. I guess I will have to get green if regular sold out.
by kan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen during Golden Week 2017 2017/1/25 06:21
May 4 is right in the middle of Golden Week, so it should not be busy as most people will already be at their destination.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen during Golden Week 2017 2017/2/17 17:18
When exactly is the golden week? I'll be travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto on May 5. Is it still part of the golden week? anybody think it will be a problem in getting the shinkansen ticket? How far in advance shall I buy the ticket? Can I buy the ticket when I touch down Narita?

Thank you.
by Rh1212 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen during Golden Week 2017 2017/2/18 00:09
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2282.html

May 5 is in the middle of Golden Week, so you shouldn't have too much trouble. You can buy a ticket in Narita airport (either from the ticketing machines or in the JR office.)
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread