Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fukuoka to Hiroshima Station then Onomichi 2017/1/23 13:37
Which station (Hakata)? to Hiroshima. Want to visit Peace Park and leave luggage in lockers at Hiroshima Station. Visit Park and
train on to Onomichi. Does the train to Onomichi leave from the
same station where we leave our luggage? Is a JR Pass worthwhile for this leg. Staying in Onomichi for 2 days then on to Osaka for three.
by minkisan  

Re: Fukuoka to Hiroshima Station then Onomichi 2017/1/23 14:41
You can take Shinkansen train from Hakata to Hiroshima station.

To go to the Peace Park, you can take either a bus or a light rail (surface train) from Hiroshima station. Yes, there are lots of coin lockers there.

To go to Onomichi, return to the same Hiroshima station, then take a local JR train (not Shinkansen) to Onomichi.

To go to Osaka, you can take a local JR train to Fukuyama then transfer to a Shinkansen.

Without knowing the rest of your iteniery, I cannot tell if a JR Pass is worthy or not (e.g., where do you go after Osaka? If you fly home from Osaka, then JRPass is not worth the price).
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Hiroshima Station then Onomichi 2017/1/23 17:45
In reply to the rest of my itinerary. Three days in Osaka after Onomich. Then Kyoto for two day and onto Kanazawa for another two day and then Tokyo. I feel the JR Pass is only worthwhile (my opinion) if you do not stop. As they are consecutive days that need to be used.
by minkisan rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Hiroshima Station then Onomichi 2017/1/23 21:05
You can take the Shinkansen to Mihara using either a Kodama or Sakura and then take a local to Onomichi OR you can take a Kodama to Shin-Onomichi and take the local bus linking Shin-Onomichi to JR Onomichi stations.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Hiroshima Station then Onomichi 2017/1/25 11:16
I can answer one part of your question.

If your travel from Fukuoka (Hakata) to Tokyo, via Hiroshima, Onomichi, Osaka, Kyoto, Kanazawa, is completed in 7 days, it is clearly worthwhile to purchase the JR Pass.

I don't understand your statement about "I feel the JR Pass is only worthwhile (my opinion) if you do not stop. As they are consecutive days that need to be used."

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Hiroshima Station then Onomichi 2017/1/25 11:24
I re-read your note. It looks like it is not going to be within 7 days. A quick calculation would be: 14 day JR Pass is 46,390. The individual legs of your trip (including a round trip Sanyo Line from Hiroshima to Miyajimaguchi) would be 42,790. If you count in the JR Ferry at Miyajima (covered by the JR Pass), and other incidental travel in Osaka and Kyoto (where the JR Pass can be used partially), as well as in Tokyo on the Yamanote or other JR lines, I think it is worth it to get the pass, given the flexibility that it affords you.

Use Hyperdia!

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

reply to this thread