Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ebino Kogen, Kirishima 2017/1/24 07:53
So, I'd really like to get here when in Kyushu, but I'm slightly confused as to how I would get here. It says there are very infrequent buses that go from Maruo Onsen, yet I don't know how I'd even get THERE. Has anyone been and can recommend a way for me to get there smoothly?
by georgiaruskin (guest)  

Re: Ebino Kogen, Kirishima 2017/1/24 11:06
There is one bus round-trip per day on weekends and holidays from Minami-Miyazaki (dep. 7:43) or Kobayashi (dep. 9:22) stations. Arrival 10:12, and return departure 14:30.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Ebino Kogen, Kirishima 2017/1/24 11:36
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Ebino Kogen, Kirishima 2017/1/24 23:23

I was in a same predicament when visiting the area a few years ago.
Finally, rental car was the solution. We managed to visit several places in a day, this would not be possible if relying on public transport.
by Shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ebino Kogen, Kirishima 2017/1/25 01:19
I second the car rental option. Depending on your group's number and method of transportation, renting a car could come out cheaper and definitely be more convenient than buying single bus tickets.

If you have a JR Pass, you could take the Kyushu Shinkansen to Kagoshima Chuo, and then pick up Nippo Line to Kokubu City where there's a Toyata Rentacar.

If you're flying into the Kagoshima airport, there are car rentals there.

There are car rentals around Kagoshima Chuo, but driving outside the city is a lot easier than trying to find your way around a new city. There are also car rentals in Ebino City, on the north side of Kirishima if coming from that direction.

There aren't that many roads up around Ebino Kogen so with a navi system, it's hard to get lost.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ebino Kogen, Kirishima 2017/1/25 06:19
Thanks for all the advice everyone but I think I may have to give it a miss, doesn't seem like I will be able to do any of those options. I'm travelling alone and can't drive.. need to acquire that skill really.
by georgiaruskin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ebino Kogen, Kirishima 2017/1/28 17:54
Hello ! I come from france and me and my friend really want to go to kirishima national parc in march.
I think we will choose another option :
It's a little bit expensive, but we cannot rent a car so.. We travel from Kagoshima, I think we will get a train to Kirishima-jingu and after book at the ebino kogen so hotel, apparently they have a private bus that can take you to the kirishima jingu station to the hotel. So with the room on the hotel, they can pick you at kirishima jingu and bring you to ebino kogen !
by clemence (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread