Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Early morning Haneda flight hotel 2017/1/24 11:42
Hello,
I have an early morning JAL flight from Haneda leaving 6.25.

My budget made me staying at a hostel about half a km from Ueno station.

On Hyperdia there seem to be trains from at least between Tabata and Shinagawa making a connection at Hamamatsucho to Haneda by monorail, arriving 5.15.

Would it be too tight or possible?
by Koko (guest)  

Re: Early morning Haneda flight hotel 2017/1/24 15:36
You might have to get an earlier train, but it is possible to get to the airport quite early from Ueno (waiting for the first monorail train of the day is a bit tedious, I think it is 4:59 am, and it was reasonably busy).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Early morning Haneda flight hotel 2017/1/24 16:19
You wrote you will arrive at 5:15, so I guess you will arrive Haneda Airport Terminal 1 station of Monorail and you will take JAL's domestic flight.

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/boarding/flow/flow.html

This page explains the procedure, and you will find you must go through security checkpoint 15 min before the departure of the flight. If you have check-in luggage, you must add some 5-10 min. Roughly speaking, 30 min is enough for the domestic flight of JAL. You will have 50 min, so no problem.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Early morning Haneda flight hotel 2017/1/24 21:15
Hi again.
Well there seem to be no earlier train to use. I think the next train arrive about 5.30. Still 55 minutes to go but Id rather be there in time.

But is there any risk of being too crowded on the train that early?

There are no subway running that early either and the limo bus leaves way too early, arriving around 4-ish... On the international station...
by Koko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Early morning Haneda flight hotel 2017/1/25 08:44
You are basically going to be getting the first train of the day from Ueno (4:34) and the trains are not crowded at that time. Plus, JAL have probably organised their flight time so people can actually travel to the airport in time to catch the flight.

Last time I did that trip it was not crowded - sure there were people around and waiting for the stations to open, but not huge numbers.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Early morning Haneda flight hotel 2017/1/25 09:08
I'm sorry, I misread your previous post.

I have a friend who travelled early morning as well but stayed at the local Toyoko Inn there. They had a morning bus departing 4.45 arriving a few minutes past 5.00, told me there were only a few people waiting for the check in to open. The most boring wait in the world as he had nowhere to put his luggage during the time.

Not sure how far off the check in is from the monorail, in case going by the later monorail arriving around 5.30 I think it was.
by Koko (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread