Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 day 2017/1/27 09:14
I checked Hyperdia to view the schedules and prices to figure out which is most economically -- individual tickets vs 7 day pass I have it totaling to be about 43050 Yen or about $379USD. Is that right I want to make sure Im understanding it.

Kyoto to Hiroshima Hiroshima to Kyoto 22,580Y
Kyoto To kanazawa 7100 Y
Takayama to Hakone 13, 370 Y

Was going to get a 14 day pass put the rt tickets from kyoto to osaka 1120Y at teh beginning of the trip and one way from Hakone to Tokyo 1800Y at the end of the trip were so cheap it didnt add up. And if I understand it right I cant really use it in and around kyoto or in and around tokyo?
by guest (guest)  

Re: 7 day 2017/1/27 11:07
Yes, I agree with all your arguments and conclusions.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 7 day 2017/1/27 13:20
It's unclear what you mean by "in and around". For Tokyo, you can use the pass on the Yamanote Line, which goes to several popular tourist areas. Depending on where you are going in the area, you might be able to use a JR line.
For Kyoto, you can use it if you want to go to Arashiyama, as well as down the Nara Line to Fushimi Inari Shrine, and of course Nara.

Try using Hypedia and see what results you get.

http://www.hyperdia.com
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 day 2017/1/27 13:28
JR Pass is not useful within Kyoto (Kyoto runs on buses and subways mostly), but it is very usable (expensive, but usable) in Tokyo. If you have an activated JR Pass while in Tokyo, then you might as well use it. Otherwise, there are other cheaper 1/2/3-day passes (train, subway, bus, etc.) available for use within Tokyo.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread