Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kumon Japanese studying method? 2017/1/27 13:17
Hi fellow Japan expats,

I would like to know your opinion about Kumon Japanese Learning Method. Has any of your use it before? does the method help you improve? is it practical?

My Japanese level is upper intermediate or pre-advanced . However, my writing Japanese is seriously poor. I would like to improve my writing Japanese and was wondering if Kumon method would help. Any thoughts please?
Thank you.
by Kika (guest)  

Re: Kumon Japanese studying method? 2017/1/27 20:40
Pretty sure I was the world record holder. I did the Japanese pages for more than 20 years. I had a stack of completed pages taller than I am.

Obviously I must think it's a pretty good method, but upon reflection I'd say I should have given higher priority to speaking and listening over reading. There is a small writing component on some pages, but that was kind of a weak part of it.

In general the Kumon method works better for math where the answers are closed. Language is kind of open, so they need even more pages and as far as I know they've never computerized it. (I quit about 5 years ago.)
by shanen rate this post as useful

Re: Kumon Japanese studying method? 2017/1/27 20:53
Shanen, thank you so much for replying back.
I am only concerned with improving my writing and reading Japanese and not worried about speaking or listening. The main reason is that I speak everyday with my Japanese family (wife and parents in law). My listening score in JLPT N2 was very high. But, my Kanji/reading skill is below the average.
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
I appreciate it.
by kika (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread