Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Clarification on Icoca & Haruka 2017/1/28 01:29
Hi!

I would be in Osaka for 3 days (from Thursday to Saturday), and would like to ask if it would be possible for me to purchase the one-way ICOCA & Haruka package in advance on Thursday such that the one-way, one day ticket for the Haruka would be valid for use on Saturday (as opposed to Thursday). I am unable to glean much information from the website. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
by Troy L  

Re: Clarification on Icoca & Haruka 2017/1/28 09:05
The Haruka portion of the bundle is intended for you to get into town from the airport and not back to the airport. It must be used at the time you purchase the bundle.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Clarification on Icoca & Haruka 2017/1/28 09:13
Upon further review, you can use it to return to KIX, but in order for that to be true, you cannot buy it at KIX unless you buy the round trip version. From where were you intending on buying it?

Re: Clarification on Icoca & Haruka 2017/1/28 22:09
When and in which direction(s) would you take (a) Haruka train(s)?

you can use it to return to KIX,
but in order for that to be true, you cannot buy it at KIX unless you buy the round trip version.

That is how it was until quite recently.

Since the renewal in March 2016, KIX-bound one-way Haruka discount tickets have been separately available to foreign travelers entering Japan as Temporary Visitors.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_icoca_haruka.html

A Haruka discount ticket for KIX can be purchased in either Kansai-Airport Station or the station where you start to use it, which you choose from among the following seven: Osaka, Shin-Osaka, Tennoji, JR-Namba, Kyoto, Sannomiya and Nara Stations.
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/icoca-haruka/purchasing/

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Clarification on ICOCA & Haruka 2017/1/28 22:26
Just to make sure
: Among the seven stations, Haruka trains make stops only at Shin-Osaka, Tennoji and Kyoto Stations.
: You can purchase a Haruka discount ticket to be used from Osaka, JR-Namba Sannomiya or Nara Station, in which case you change trains inside ticket gates.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Clarification on Icoca & Haruka 2017/1/28 23:42
The departure station of the trip using the discounted Haruka ticket is not necessarily the same station where you bought it; it can be any station in the corresponding validity area.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Clarification on Icoca & Haruka 2017/1/29 00:41
So can you buy the one-way Haruka ticket at KIX to be used three days from the day it was purchased for the return trip to KIX? That is what I understand the OP is wondering.

Re: Clarification on Icoca & Haruka 2017/1/29 14:16
Well, Japan-guide says one-way tickets can only be used on the day of purchase, but I don't know where they got that information because it does not seem to be on the official site...
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread